Thread: Windows Vista:Yellow Shield in Notification Area during "Downloading Updates"

Windows Vista:Yellow Shield in Notification Area during "Downloading Updates"

I have a HP laptop with the Windows Vista operating system, just few days ago I tried to update the windows via internet, during the update I found a error in my window screen near the clock in the task manager. It appears a yellow shade in the notification area. I hold the cursor over it, but it response nothing. I also right click on it, it also gives me no information of the shade. Also it appears any download article. I am not able to download anything as well as not able to download the update for the windows. Cannot understand why it appears, it simply bored me during the download of any file. It flashes a message that the download is not completed during the internet connection. The notification area is also not responding in the windows update. What should I do? Any kind of suggestion will be greatly appreciated. Any solution to the download the update for the windows?
    Last edited by Moon Walker; 18-10-2010 at 08:11 PM.

Re: Windows XP:Yellow Shield in Notification Area during "Downloading Updates"

During update the windows there is download option will appear. All the download files will be stored into the windows update file and ask you for the install them. After that you can able to apply the installed file into the windows. If there is any error occurred during the windows update, I think there should be problem in the internet connection. Always remember that before installing the update for the windows you should use a high speed internet service. Also the setting in the windows security always will be in the ON mode. After connecting the computer with the internet it will automatically take the update for the windows from the web-sites, you just click on the installation tab after download all the update files. And after install the files the system reboot is required. Without of the reboot you can not apply the updates into the computer. You can also edit the manual settings to download the file of the windows but it will applicable while, you can connect the window to the internet, it will ask you for the download the updates for the windows instead of install the update the file.

Hello friend, I had the similar issue with my windows, the issue is same. While I go for update the window of my computer it will appears in a black screen, and appears a message that the update file will not be download into the windows update folder, where as it takes a long time for downloading the update file after connecting with the internet. I thought that it was a internet connection problem. It may drop the connection while it downloads the file. But found the another issue, that the setting for the download file for the window is not properly integrated. Then I changed the setting in both the windows security and also the firewall, and make then auto enable windows update. My system is run in the windows XP operating system environment. And after while you tried for the update of the windows a icon will be displays in the task manger that will indicate you about the progress of the download. and also let you permission for downloading the file. It will also notify after the download and before installing the update file of the windows. You can also choose to auto enable to install the files, to control the behavior of the update procedure will be controlled by the security center applet in the control panel.

Enable the automatic update in the windows, which will configure the setting for download and also the installation procedure of the windows update file. It will easier for you to download and install the windows update file in a secure method. It will not give you any kind of error during the installation or download the update file for the windows. A system reboot is required after that for apply the changes for the setting. For enable the automatic update just go through the following procedures:
    1.Click on START.
    2.The go to CONTROL PANEL.
    3. Find the icon which labeled as "System" and then double-click on that icon.
    4. Go to the properties of the window
    5. Find the tab labeled "Automatic Updates" under the system properties then click once on Automatic Updates
    6.Where you can able to change the setting for the windows update download.
    7. Make the changes and after that close the window and then reboot the machine to make the changes.

Are you using the service pack of the windows XP version, and go for the service pack 2 or service pack 3 version of the window, there is a simple way to upgrade the window into the latest version. I did this process and it really works, it gives me no such error information during the download as well as the install of the update file for the windows. The error message that you mention in your post is will appear for the using of the pirated version of the windows copy. By the enable of the automatic update if the windows you can download the file without any error. Follow the bellow mentioned steps for the auto enable:
    1.Click on Start
    2.Then go to Control Panel.
    3.Look for the icon which is leveled as Automatic Updates.
    4.Under that configure the machine with the auto update mode for the download the update files of the window.
    5.In the reconfigure windows you will see the option for the changes that you mentioned will take that for a every day or any other time that you like.
    6.After make the setting click on apply or ok.

You can also choose by the option "Download updates for me” and also you can customize to download the updates as the time you like.