Thread: How to Repair "Parsing error" in xmi bin file?

How to Repair "Parsing error" in xmi bin file?

I am having one issue with device of mine which is not working properly. Actually whenever i am trying to open the HP printer toolbox it is giving me the error which is given as "Parsing error in file c\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqscloc\1033.xmi". I am unable to solve this error and understand. If it is related to the xmi bin file then please help by repairing the xmi bin file. A help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to Repair "Parsing error" in xmi bin file?

As per your issue it seems that the component of the Hp printer might got corrupted and that is why you are getting the issue with the same. I have been searching for then solution of the same and come to know that this might be the issue with the dll file which need to be repair. So i will advise you to go with the below given step and solve the issue related to the same.

Try to re-register the components windows xml

• Start Run (Windows + R)
    • regsvr32 msxml.dll ok
    • regsvr32 msxml2.dll ok
    • regsvr32 msxml3.dll ok
    • regsvr32 msxml4.dll ok

This could be possible that Microsoft XML file might got corrupted and that is why you are getting the issue with the same. I have gone through the same and let me tell you that after performing the below given step my issue got resolved. I have been providing the same here so that other will also get the help with the same. Here are the step for same.
    1. Uninstall All-in-One software.
    2. Restart the computer
    3. Install "Windows installer 3.0"
    4. Download and install "MSXML"
    5. Reinstall All-in-One software

I think th8is is something wrong with the system file which might got corrupted and that is why you are getting the issue with the same. You need to correct the problem related to the same. I will first advise you to Completely remove the printer software. Now Restart the computer to change take place. After that download the "Windows Installer 3.0" and alter on Install the same. Also i will advise you to Install "MSXML". After completing all this step now perform the installation of the HP driver which is not functioning properly. So try this out and see whether this is helping you with the issue of yours or not. I hope this will resolve the issue of yours.

I found a solution that will help you perhaps it was sent to me by HP technician:

Uninstalling (removing) the software:

1. Disconnect the HP computer.
    2. On the computer, click Start, Programs (or All Programs), click HP driver, and then click Uninstall.
    3. Follow the instructions on the screen.
    4. When prompted to remove shared files, click No.
    5. If these files are deleted, other programs that use them may no longer function properly.
    6. After uninstalling the software, please restart the computer.

Open the Start menu and click Run

• Erase what is there and type the command "msconfig" and click OK
    • In General tab, select Selective Startup and uncheck Load Startup group items
    • Click OK then run the restart of the computer

Delete temporary files:

• Open "My Computer".
    • Right click on the "icon of your hard drive
    • Select "Properties" menu.
    • On the "General tab, click on" Disk Cleanup ".
    • Check the box "Temporary Internet Files", "Temporary Files" and "Trash."
    • Click "OK" then "Yes" to confirm cleaning your disc.
    • Close the workstation.

Now download the latest driver for the device of your and install the same to work with the issue i hope this will help you.

I agree with the above reply regarding the removal of the software from the system and installation of the same but let me tell you that this is very long procedure to be follow. Instead of this you should better to use the uninstaller utility and use the same to remove the program. There are lots of free uninstaller utility are available in market that can help you for removal of the program and also repair the registry entry related to the same problem. Just go through the same below given link which is having the detail about lots of uninstaller program that will help you with the uninstallation of program. Later on proceed with the Installation of fresh HP driver.