Thread: How to get iTunes installed in Ubuntu 10.04

How to get iTunes installed in Ubuntu 10.04

I know many will say there are a number of application available like the , sound juicer , But I will not say they are not good, everyone has excellent capabilities, but ... unfortunately, I love iTunes because it is all in one, on the other hand is free (not free) so I wonder if there is any way to use it, a little over a month and a half without using windows because i am planning to install ubuntu on my desktop please help me, I go on like this, but I would use iTunes because it's so simple to manage change and set options combined tell him any audio file which can format it to mp3 (which is the only one which my cell phone plays), also let me choose the bitrate, so you can copy a 15 songs my cell restricted, as only has 15 mpegs, but accepts mp3, so I would like to put a few tones that I like, so as to listen to music in times of much leisure (in which I have no laptop available to use as that is my job and I can not take me), so if anyone can tell me if this is possible will thank you forever, if possible without having to install the VMware virtual machine (I think so called) and I do not want install windows, thank you very much in advance.

Re: How to get iTunes installed in Ubuntu 10.04

Itunes free clone called songbird, has versions for linux and you have a video here and more info... It is still a bit green but is very good. Itunes according to the wine database, it seems it can run but not install. In other words, you need a version of iTunes on Windows and copy the folder. More info here. I personally prefer amarok and vlc. The vlc player is also a very good option so i would suggest you to get this application installed on your system it is compatible with ubuntu too.

I wonder the same thing .. I have ubuntu and can not find itunes for linux. THE itunes I want to change my ipod only. I just wanted to know if it was used for playing music, or if they could also manage the music on my Ipod (upload, delete, etc) like you can with iTunes. Or if anyone knows or knows how to do this. I think that ubuntu itself has a number of compatible application which can work as iTunes application. Even though i am confused between a number of application.

You can try the Banshee media player. This is one of the best Multimedia programs under Wine and the like I do not work very well, I tried a simple player Foobar 2000 and the music is listened alterations. As for the mp3 you must install the gstreamer codecs to handle them properly. You can also browse through all other applications which are available. Hopefully this will fix the issue.

Well, in this case I disagree a lot, because I hate iTunes! When using Windows and programs seeking to do the same without eating all system resources, hehe In Ubuntu I have used several, but Amarok seems to me the most complete: eye, eat well but not as much resources as iTunes. If you want a lighter, try Floola. The two used to manage the iPod, but I've never used for video, but for podcasts.

To install the apple iTunes application (currently 7.6) must be installed on your ubuntu the wine. You can get installed by normal means (synaptic or getdeb or google-> wine). For the minimum version is 0.9.45, but now is higher.

1. First of all you need to download the itunes application for ubuntu it would be better if you download it from the official apple website.
    2. Remember to install the wine application and then simply Open the wine configuration:
    3. Go to aplications->wine->configure wine Applications-> Wine-> configure wine.
    4. In applications, version to imitate: Windows XP
    5. Then a new windows will open up simply press autodetect button.
    6. in Audio (takes a while to open): Mark only ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture).
    7. After selecting the ALSA simply click the OK Button.
    8. Double click the installation file
    9. To open the facility, if any, including the autorun, if not not work
    10. Once the installation is complete, you will wine-> Programs-> itunes-> itunes.
    11. After this has been done leave the itunes setup screen, you put the options you want
    12. Enjoy! Here you have a running catch my itunes

I uninstalled the package from synaptic, and I have already in complications, but it hat I get the following to configure Wine: The program Winecjg.exe has Encountered a problem and Needs Serious close.We to re sorry for the inconvenience. And the legend below: This Can Be Caused by a problem in the program or a deficiency in wine or so i think please help me so that i can get this problem fixed.

Thanks for all the reply now i have installed ubuntu on my system and i would like to know the procedure sine i have tried a number of application but am not able to get an application which can work like itunes also i am not able to play all the media files that are present on the iPod application with of all formats. I wanted to know which applications from the Ubuntu application freeware will help me or will provide me a good quality which can also help me to get this problem resolved. Please suggest me some of the application which can be installed and run without any sort of problem on ubuntu and it would be better if you provide some detailed information about the same. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

Floola is a freeware which is designed in such a way that it will help you manage your iPod or Motorola mobile phone directly on their computer. This is an application that can be executed directly on his iPod, which requires no installation. Floola is cross platform, it can also run on Windows all version above windows XP, Mac OS X and Linux. In addition, the application is portable across on USB stick with its lightness, which enables all users to launch software directly from any PC. Floola has many features: it proposes the removal of songs from iPod to iPod or to find duplicate files on iPod to avoid being unnecessarily cluttered. To increase accessibility, the user even has a search tool to find pieces. It is possible to manage playlists, adding album art automatically, and convert audio and video files so they are compatible with your iPod. his software is a perfect alternative to iTunes and provides many more opportunities, careful though, Floola is not compatible with the iPhone or iPod Touch yet.

I love the Rythmbox media player, although I have no problems with using amarok media player or banshee or whatever, but I also have a question .. Can I subscribe to a free podcast is in the "iTunes music store" and hear from some of these players already mentioned. Not if you can, because every time you want to add a podcast in Rythmbox must add the url, and do not know. please help me in this matter.

The problem with the iPod "classic" is quite settled to programs that you indicate above. Banshee, Amarok. Songbird is still quite problematic. But none of these work with Ipod touch or Iphone. To put these pots in operation, there is no choice but to go through Itunes. Seeing this, I installed a virtual machine on her windows machine xp. The Configuration allows me to access the Linux file. If you have an iPod touch or iPhone on Linux, there is presently no other way, I know, of course. It is not really about Linux but on Windows but the virtual machine offers many advantages to the system on the disk, including Windows and Linux host, it even seems a good system. Try it.

I have an iPod shuffle, I also have Ubuntu installed on my linux, I've tried music players and administrators. I just happen to Lucid Lynx Beta2 and I must say that Rhythmbox (adding a couple of plugins as the equalizer and buttons to "go to folder") is the most complete media player which I've found and the lightest at once (comes by default in Ubuntu for something and now has integration with Ubuntu and Ubuntu Music Store One). In the 10.04 has improved a lot since become my favorite player. It has full integration with my iPod Shuffle. This is my opinion and Rhythmbox is the best suited to today to what I want, if someone prefers another because he has found other utilities (Banshee is great tb) or just a "Amarok Fan" as I agree with them in linux there are many great options and all are well. I will recommend you to use Rythmbox application.