Thread: SPTD.SYS - Blue Screen of Death

SPTD.SYS - Blue Screen of Death

It’s been 1 year I am using desktop computer with windows 7 operating system for my all daily work, including gaming, surfing the internet and all. But from the last 3 to 4 days I am suddenly getting a blue screen in between operating the computer and having long message, I am not remembering it right now but it think it’s about some SPTD.SYS file. I completely don’t have any idea about this. If anyone knows how to handle this case then please tell me.

Dr. V Guest

Re: SPTD.SYS - Blue Screen of Death

I am having gone through your question and I have a solution for this that is when this kind of blue screen comes it’s due to the input and output peripherals problem. I think you should remove all the connection attached to your computer and then again connect all the input and output peripheral. And also while booting reset your basic input output setting to the default. I am sure by doing all this thing will help you to solve your issues. If you are having any other query then please reply me.

There are many reasons for this issue, I suggest you to repair your windows by using the CD and sure I will be safe for all your data within the hard disk. If you want to save all your data take the backup of it by connecting it to the other computer and then repair your window. So that it helps you to save your data as well as your window will again work fine without any of the error message. I hope this information may help you to solve your query.

I was getting the same problems as you are getting now; I think the reason of this is also same as of mine. Such kind of screen appears at the time you run many of the applications simultaneously. When you give command for many of the application at once because of that some bad command or due to the corrupt application this kind of blue screen appears. I suggest you when this kind of blue screen appears with this message at that time restart your computer and scan it using a updated antivirus at least for once.
    Last edited by jesse; 16-10-2010 at 11:48 AM.

Here I have given you information of the file sptd.sys which is in the folder C:\Windows\System32\drivers. It is not a window system file, and also not having any of the information. Many of the time this kind of error comes at the time when driver stopped or start which is operated by control panel or by other programs. In my point of view there must be some sort of physical damage in your computer. I advise you to show your personal computer to the local technician to overcome this issue.