Thread: Xsane Problem: Recognizes Webcam as Scanner

Xsane Problem: Recognizes Webcam as Scanner

I am having a HP laserjet printer for my daily business use and also i am having an application programme interface called as Xsane(Scanner Access Now Easy) which is to access any raster image through scanning. But from yesterday onwords, I am facing some issues that is when I give command for scanner it is recognize as webcam. I don't know why it is happening if any one having suggestion then please reply.

Re: Xsane Problem: Recognizes Webcam as Scanner

I have gone through your question and I think the easy way to solve this issue is by reinstalling all the drivers for the devices which you are using. And I am sure by installing all the fresh drivers can help you to solve this issue. If possible use the updated drivers for your device so that they can work properly. I hope this information may help you.

This kind of problem are comes because of the malwares, bugs which have been infected to your drivers. I recommend you to do the complete scanning of your entire driver for at least once so that they can work properly. Scan your drivers with the updated antivirus. If you are having any other query then please reply me.

I was having the same problem as you are facing now with your scanner then one of my friends suggested me to make contact to the local technician on this. And believe me my problem is sort out in once. I will recommend you the same to make contact with local technician. As they know how to solve this kind of issues. If having any related issue then reply me.
    Last edited by Mumtaz86; 15-10-2010 at 02:49 PM.

I think when you give the command for the scanner at that time if you have to use the Web camera then you can disable it or if you don't use the webcam frequently then I think you should remove it and try then for scanning. Check whether by removing the webcam and also remove the drivers of it from your desktop computer.