Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Linux based OS just for RDP

Operating Systems

Old 15-10-2010

Linux based OS just for RDP

I am currently using window vista operation system in my computer. Now i an planning for linux based operation system for a security purpose. But, i haven't an any idea about linux operation system.I heard that there is linux based OS just for RDP. What exactly RDP is? Is i required RDP first in my computer to install linux. Please reply me.

Old 15-10-2010

Re: Linux based OS just for RDP

CDlinux comes with preinstalled RDP client (rdesktop). So you don't have to bye it separately. Now you just buy Linux CD and install in your computer. You don't have more linux knowledge so you don't remove your previous operation system. Other than that you use your system with dual boot operation system. So it will help you to use your other operation system. to see the latest versions packages check or visit following site:
http://cdlinux.info/wiki/doku.php/re...0.6.2/packages
Old 15-10-2010

RDP stands for Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). It is a proprietary protocol which is developed by Microsoft company. RDP is providing a user with a graphical interface to another computer. This proprietary protocol is a extension of the ITU-T T.128 application sharing protocol. RDP server software currently refers by a Microsoft as Remote Desktop Services, formerly "Terminal Services" and it official client software referred to as Remote Desktop Connection, formerly "Terminal Services Client".
Old 15-10-2010

The full form of RDP is Remote Desktop Protocol. There are different versions are RDP avilable in a market.
List of version of RDP are as follows:
* Version 4.0
* Version 5.0
* Version 5.1
* Version 5.2
* Version 6.0
* Version 6.1
* Version 7.0
Old 15-10-2010

Microsoft developed Remote Desktop Protocol. There are some important features of RDC. RDC support 8, 15, 16, 24, 32-bit color. To run an audio program on the remote desktop by Audio Redirection. Allows users to use their local files on a remote desktop within the terminal session by File System Redirection. Allows users to use their local printer within the terminal session as they would with a locally or network shared printer by Printer Redirection.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,