Thread: Lpr error of 64 bit windows

Lpr error of 64 bit windows

Currently I am using lpr client from the command line and here I just want to tell you that command line has forever available on Windows 32 bit systems. At the time of attempting to utilize this on the 64 bit of the system I got the “Command not found”. So to fix this what should I need to do in order to get the lpr -S -P from the command line on Windows 64?

Re: Lpr error of 64 bit windows

I have heard like this issue for the first time. And I do not know much more regarding this so I just want to ask you that this is which type of the command is this. And I think that it is related to the printer as much I know. So are you trying to add the printer? Post your reply as quick as you are able to.

I have also the same issue. And Here for your information it is not related to the printer it is about to call upon the DOS command (lpr) from the C application by using the system() call. It is about the like I got the information that you should allow the "LPR Port Monitor". You can do this via the "Control Panel/Programs and Features/Turn Windows features on or off". So please tell me what to do?

I have also exactly the same issue. And I am using windows 7 64 bit of operating system and I am getting this in this os. I am also trying to call the batch file through LPR command. And I want to do it by using the 32-bit application. Did you people have any of the idea that how to fix this issue.

Before you I was also having the similar matter and regarding this I have tried most of the forum site to get the answer of my matter. But there I have not got the answer which can solve my issue. But then my friend helps me related to this subject. He told me to put all the full program path i.e. ("C:\Windows\System32\lpr.exe" ) in to your batch file. Hope it will solve your issue also.

I have the similar program. I am trying to obtain a 32 bit program to open lpr.exe within of Windows 2008 R2. It is unsuccessful the reason that lpr.exe does not present in the 32 bit sight of the O/S. I also tested with the syswow64 version of cmd.exe and open from the command line and it does not exist. So please tell me what should I do?

My solution was:

go to a 32-bit Server,
    cd to C:\windows\system32
    copy all files with praefix lpr* to a directory named xxx
    copy directory xxx to your 64-bit system
    execute .\xxx\lpr.exe -- should work