Thread: not getting the CD/DVD drive on Windows 7

not getting the CD/DVD drive on Windows 7

I am having the Toshiba Satellite U305 and using it from last few months it is serving me the best , i am having the windows 7 connection in it and also the intel core 2 duo. The thing here is that from last few days i am not able to get the CD/DVD drive also on thing is that i was not at my home for three weeks and the laptop was not even started by anyone. Please help me in this case i am not able to do anything.

Re: not getting the CD/DVD drive on Windows 7

I don't think that it is the serious issue to worry because it may happen if your laptop is not even open for these many days, the system may take time to start and also may behave in the manner that you won't expect , the thing here is that you first check out with your bios and see to it that the CD drive is enabled or not , because if it is not then you may loose the access over it .

I was also facing the similar problem a few days ago and it seems to me that you to are dealing with the same, I thing that there is nothing wrong with the system but some of your files have go deleted and there are some program files that supports such kind of drives what you have to do us perform the system recovery for your system i hope that it will help u=you to get all the system files back.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that you can solve your problem by just following the below steps:
    • First of all go to RUN by clicking on Start
    • After that write Open regedit in it and then click OK.
    • After that you will get the following registery System / CurrentControlSet / Control / Class / {4D36E965-E325-11CE}
    • Then just click on it then will be directed to the file box
    • After that just save the File name box.
    • Once you are done with it you make sure that you delete the upper filter and lower filter.

Thank you all of you for considering my problem and also giving there vital time for finding the solution, The thing here is that i have followed all the steps that were told me to follow and finally got succeeded in using the cd/ dvd driver , Initially i checked that whether i an having the the yellow flag or not the i came to know that the driver was missing so what i did is downloaded the driver from internet and then install the driver on my system.