Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-10-2010

Installing 7 to SSD with upgrade version, Vista on other HDD

Hello
I have a HP computer with the HDD; the OEM is loaded on the Vista system. I planned with the supplementary copy of the Windows 7 upgrade a SDD. I used to boot from the SDD. I did a clean install of the windows7, and after that wiped on the HDD, as the storage device to store the information?s. Can anyone tell me which one the easiest way? Any other guidance will be appreciated.
Old 13-10-2010

Re: Installing 7 to SSD with upgrade version, Vista on other HDD

Unhook the existing old drive which is used for the HP computer, and do a clean install where you may or may not be required for the CD/DVD driver. This is the SATA control driver for the windows, which will be needed during the installation. After that again hook the old drive that removed during the installation. And transfer any data into the new one, which will be needed, then do a format through the Disk management. For installation you need to read the SSD, make it in correct alignment for the proper configuration.
Old 13-10-2010

Remember that during the installation do no insert the serial number of the windows operating system. Install with the upgrade installation disk. Try to be a clean install(do not enter the key). Go through for some valuable updates of the windows. The open the registry and type the following in the search option: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Setup/OOBE. Change the value from 1 to o of the ?MediaBootInstall?. Close the registry tab.
Old 13-10-2010

Another option is there to legitimate for two step of the installation process, just install it with an upgrade version. After the installation will be able to access the operating system for the 30 days. While you running the windows , insert the DVD again, go to the windows upgrade. And this time you should insert the product key, and activate the window. After that you may remove the initial version which is named as the windows.old.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,