Thread: After conversion to dynamic disk my system is not able to boot

After conversion to dynamic disk my system is not able to boot

Hello,
    I have two hard drives in my system. I have installed windows 7 on my system and after doing this i converted my system from disk 0 to a dynamic disk. Now after doing this conversion i am not able to boot my system. Why i am getting this problem? If any one is having any idea related with this issue, then please help me out.

Re: After conversion to dynamic disk my system is not able to boot

I will advice you to make use of the RAID option in chipset or you can also use pure software RAID in Windows. I will also advice you not to use a mirror as it is wasting a drive. Instead of that i will advice you to use PureSync. PureSync also provide the same protection as the mirror. So you try using this and accordingly provide me the reply.

Thanks for the reply. I referred your reply and tried to implement your the instructions given by you. But still my problem is not being solved and i am still not able to boot the system. Can you recommend me some other solution for getting this problem solved? If any one else have the solution please provide it to me. Thanks.

Actually i was also facing the same problem on my system. I have fixed my problem by trying a solution, so you to do the same. First you will need to created a RAID 0 array using the chipset RAID. According to your need you can partition the strip. You have to make the use of software synchronizing tool to create mirrors for folders. This software which you will install will take care on different physical drive. Hope it helps to you.

Hi,
    Even i am facing the same problem on my system. I have tried to solve my doing all the fixes posted above, but still it is not solving my issue. Even i have tried implementing some other solution, but not succeeded. I want to know that where the problem actually lies and how will i be able to solve the problem? If any one have even some idea related with this issue please help me.

Try this out-First boot the DVD and you will need select thew option repair installation. After doing that select repair tools .Then after doing that you will require to go to the command prompt and type the command diskpart. After this now try to reboot the system and it will boot fine without having any problem. I think that this will definitely solve your problem.