Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-10-2010

After installing win 7 my HP laptop freezes

I have recently made a purchase of HP Compaq nc4000 laptop with me. I have also installed windows 7 on my system and the installation process took about 6 hours. When i start the system, then it take about 6 to 7 minutes to get uploaded and some time even it gets freeze. Till now i have not installed any software on the hard drive and even i have not faced any kind of problem while installing the windows OS. My system have the following configuration-
-160GB drive
-1 GB ram
-Windows 7 OS
I require some help from you.

Last edited by Chang2 : 13-10-2010 at 09:30 AM.
Old 13-10-2010

Re: After installing win 7 my HP laptop freezes

I think, the system which you are using might not be compatible with the Windows 7 operating system that is why you are facing this problem on your system. For this you will require to test the system by making use of the tool which is available from Microsoft. Try this out, it does not solve your issue then reply me back.
Old 13-10-2010

Even the same problem was faced by me on my system and i tried to changed my hard drive from 160 GB to 80 GB. After doing this it worked fine for me. I feel that the nc4000 does not support a 160Gb hard drive, hence you are facing this freezing problem. So you to change your hard drive from 160 Gb to 82 Gb. I hope it will solve your issue.
Old 13-10-2010

Thanks for giving the instant reply. I followed your advice of using 80 GB hard fore my system and it is working fine for me. But i am facing a small problem, that i have no sound in my sound device. I don't know why i am facing this peoblem? Will you please provide some help on this issue as well as i am not able to watch any video on my system?
Old 13-10-2010

I think you are facing this sound problem because you might have not installed the audio driver on your system. This problem actually occurs when there is problem with the audio driver. You must have got a CD along with your motherboard, which consist of the audio driver for your system. You can also download it from the internet. Try this out.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,