Thread: Windows 7- Diagnose startup hangs

Windows 7- Diagnose startup hangs

I have a system with windows 7 installed on it. When i am booting the computer, then everything freezes. To bring it to normal i require manually shutting down the system and rebooting it. This thing is happening from the last 20 days and it frustrating me a lot. I require a proper solution for solving this problem. Anyone who know about this issue, please give your reply.

Re: Windows 7- Diagnose startup hangs

You problem could be that your driver might be failing to load. So you will have to make sure that you have the latest driver installed on your system. I think that since it is hanging at the time of login, so the problem must not be with the start up. You can check the problem by running the ' msconfig ' tool. I will also advice you not to disable any of the Microsoft application during the start up.

I think that i have the fix for this problem, so i will advice you to do the following thing. Load the windows in the safe mode by pressing F8 on the keyboard. Now open the msconfig and tell the system to start the diagnostic. Now reboot it and get it load. If the system loads perfectly then there is no problem with the windows. Hope it helps you.

I will advice you to move the card from one pci-e slot to another slot. If still you get the problem, then you will require to turned off your usb3 by going into the bios and also by going into the msconfig. If still your problem is not being solved, then you will require to do the windows startup repair. I think this will solve your problem.

I have gone through the same problem in my system. But i did found a good solution for solving the problem. You need to try, the startup repair or system recovery. If this will not solve your issue, then you will have only one option left with you i.e. reinstalling the operating system again. I hope that this will solve your problem.