Thread: How to have Win 7 search Zip files for filenames

How to have Win 7 search Zip files for filenames

I am using windows 7, as my operating system and Intel dual core as its processor and till now it is serving me the best but recently i was using the search option for searching ad it was not performing well, The other thing is that when i was using the standard Windows search, When i would search a file i am unable to search a zip file , i don't know what is wrong with it but it is not displaying the zip files in the search results, please help me in this case.
    Last edited by Takshil; 13-10-2010 at 06:28 AM.

Re: How to have Win 7 search Zip files for filenames

Don't worry at all this not a serious issue to deal i think that you are missing something in the search settings , There are settings that you have to set it than you may get these results in the result. The other thing is that see to it that what is the priority set for the search stream. If you have not considered the zip files than the search application will not search at all for the search file.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that the zip priority of the search priority is not been checked. The search application always search by the priorities set to it, so to get the search results as you wants . To do this just do one thing just check the check box to right and then you will get all the result the other thing here is that you do one thing searh with the proper key words.

It seems to me that you are searching that files which are not exist in your system or the keyword that you are using that does not matches the file. Or it may have also happen that the file has been affected by the virus or that file which you are searching must have been deleted by another user , so first make sure that there are no such things. Hope you will get the files further.