Thread: Windows7 and sharepoint explorer view

Windows7 and sharepoint explorer view

I am using Windows 7 Professional operating system on which i would like to use Sharepoint as well as an Internet Explorer 8. I have tried to work with this combination but i guess it is not happening. Actually i am not able to get an explorer view to work with this system combination. Is there anybody who can tell me that where i can go wrong?

Re: Windows7 and sharepoint explorer view

Copying or moving a document library of a SharePoint site to an appropriate source destination site is a task for the two steps must be executed. First you create a Web folder or a network resource that shows or on the destination site. Then move or copy in the Explorer view of document library, the documents from the source site to the destination site.

It does not seems to be the problem with an internet explorer. When you attempt to way in an Explorer View page on Windows 7 then you must receive the following error: “Explorer View requires Internet Explorer 5.0 or greater and Web Folders.” Actually this issue comes when your operating system does not include the Web Folders (FPRPC) technology and this service is disabled by default on client machine. To solve this problem I have an idea, you just need to install the FrontPage on the server then you may try doing the same thing.

To use the Explorer view in Windows SharePoint Services is a client program is needed that is compatible with Windows SharePoint Services, such as Microsoft Office Excel 2003. Must also have Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 or later installed. You must be the site group with the Manage Lists right to be a member of the destination site, a document library copy SharePoint to be able to. By default, the Manage Lists right is the Designer and Administrator site groups included.

Dr. V Guest

This behavior occurs if you site the document library on the Web using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). This behavior occurs because of that Internet Explorer processes the "about: blank" (without quotation marks) URL of the inline frame (IFRAME) tag on the site is configured to use. To work around this behavior, click Yes or No on the message that the "Symptoms" section is described in. After you do this, the web page opens as expected Explorer view.

Windows 7 or Vista, there are often problems with the Explorer View or the access of Office documents. The problem manifests itself in such a way that the Internet Explorer window freezes or repeated login screen should appear.
    The problem is how Windows interprets the page. in the URL is not a point (.) interpreted the page as the local site. Is a point in the URL of the page is not local. Often the problem can be corrected in the page in the Local intranet zone of Internet Explorer is explicitly mentioned.

Here i have provided the steps by which you can solve this problem.
    • Open Regedit
    • Locate the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ WebClient \ Parameters
    • Create a new Multi-String key (Menu Edit -> New -> Multi-String Value)
    • Give the Key the name "AuthForwardServerList"
    • After the key has been created, modify its value (Right click it and select Modify)
    • Enter full URL of your SharePoint sites (one per line).
    • Save and exit registry editor
    • If you use Windows Vista you need a special hotfix - you do in Windows 7
    • Restart the service WebClient service in Windows Services.