Thread: How to move files in Windows 7

How to move files in Windows 7

I was using the Windows Vista for my system, now I have moves to the Windows 7. I am sure that the Windows 7 is really the nice operating system when we compare it with the Windows Vista. In simple manner I have heard that the Windows 7 is the combination of the all the best features from Windows XP and the Vista. Well I have been unable to find one thing on this. I want to know how I can move the files in the Windows 7. Is there a way by which I can do that? Well I was able to do that on the Vista and would be happy if this is present here.

Re: How to move files in Windows 7

Well I do not know what you are talking about the Windows 7, the only last thing that I tried with the operating system was the Windows Vista and after that I permanently switched to the Windows XP. I had also heard some of the Software compatibility issues with the Windows 7 and I have also heard that it is also not perfect. What I can suggest you at this very moment is the use the previous CUT and PASTE method and I am sure that this is the best thing that can be done.

First of all thanks a lot for appreciating the Windows 7 operating system from the Microsoft. Yes it was having some compatibility issues but it has been solved to some extent. I think that you are right, when you are saying that the Windows 7 is the combination of the all the best features from Windows XP and the Vista. In Windows 7 however moving the file is somewhat easier click on the file that you want to move, hold the mouse over that file and then drag the file to the new location (desired location), then release mouse button and select Move here. I think that this will really help you do the business.

Thanks a lot for the two quick posts guys, but in my case I think that you have suggested is not the thing that I have asked for. I needed this to be done in a smart way. The first post said me that I should go with the Cut and Paste method but let me tell you all that this thing really takes a lot of time. I think that even the Copy and Paste will not do the trick that I want. I actually want to know the Move the fie option that I had in the Vista. If at all I use the Copy and Paste, then I will have to go once more to the original files location and delete the file from there. Please suggest me something valuable.

I would suggest you to move and copy files by dragging and dropping. It is a frequent means to shift or copy a file or to another location. For example, you can drag a file to the Trash to delete the file or to a folder to copy or move it there. What turns out when you drag and drop a file totally depends on where the file is dragged to. Whenever a file is dragged to the folder on the same drive the file gets moved to the destination folder. Whenever a file is dragged to the folder on the different drive the file gets copied to the destination folder.

If you want you can do this by playing with the registry. Just follow the steps below and you will be able to get away with it. You will have to generate some new registry keys or create a symbolic link. First of all disable the entire offline file in the Windows 7. Then you will have to open regedit and uncollapse [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\CSC\Parameters]. Once you are done with this then you will have to make a new string having the name CacheLocation. Then change the path of the files to this new location. Reboot your PC and enable the offline files. I think that this will solve the issue.

I think that I can solve the issues that you have come across and can give the perfect thing that you are asking about. You were talking about the Move the Folder and here is the thing. At first select the folder that you want to move then go to the Edit and under that you will be able to find the Move the Folder option, just click that and you will be able to see the folder or the file moving, to the desired location. Hope that you will be able to do this.