Thread: How to make a cricket wireless um100 usb wireless data card work in windows 7 64 bit?

How to make a cricket wireless um100 usb wireless data card work in windows 7 64 bit?

Hello,
    I have a system comprising of windows 7 operating system. I have purchased a cricket wireless um100 usb wireless data card. I don't know the method to work the data card on my windows 7 OS. If any one have even some information related with the usage of this data card, then please share your thoughts. I will be waiting for your reply. Thanks.

Re: How to make a cricket wireless um100 usb wireless data card work in windows 7 64 bit?

I have checked this data card with the windows vista. The card is not compatible with the Vista, so i feel that it will not be compatible with the Windows 7 as well. If really you want to stay with the cricket then you will require to upgrade your card. Upgradation must be such that it must support windows 7 OS.

Re: How to make a cricket wireless um100 usb wireless data card work in windows 7 64 bit?

Go to the Microsoft site and download all the required files and XP mode from there. Make the installation and restart the XP mode. Now you will require to install cricket CD, when it prompt you to make the installation. Now it will ask you to insert the usb. It will show up installing driver and the windows 7 OS. Remove the usb modem and install the CD in windows 7. After doing this you are read to use the usb.

You can install the UM100 in any 64 bit system. For doing this you will just have to go and update the driver manually. Here i am providing you the method to do this thing.
    1. - Install the the Cd which you have got with the modem.
    2. - After completion of the installation process insert the UM100 UTStarcom modem, but do not open it.
    3. - Right click on my computer and go to the properties option, then after click on the device manager and you will be able to find exclamation point on the UM100 modem.
    4. - Right click on update driver and update it from there itself.
    5. - After doing this you will be able to able to use your usb device on win 7.

I referred all the instruction given by the Aaliya Seth. Then i implemented it on my system. After doing all the things now i am able to work my modem on my windows 7 OS. Thanks for the help as it solved my problem and even i was not getting any such solution from any site. Even other peoples can try this out, because it is really a nice solution and is worth trying.