Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2010

Windows 7: Hard Drives Disappear after Sleep Resume

I have installed the Windows 7 64bit on my new HTPC. The problem is that I cannot find my media after resuming from S3 sleep. I scanned for new hardware but not able to discovered that. The only possible way to get it back is rebooting the system and I don?t think that it is the good solution for that. The problem seems to occur when the HTPC is in standby for a longer period. Please suggest me that what should I do to get out of this. Any help from anybody will be appreciative.
Old 09-10-2010

Re: Windows 7: Hard Drives Disappear after Sleep Resume

I was also having some similar problem. The AHCI driver which Win7 installed on my system was the reason for BSOD when resuming from sleep. . I had incorrectly understood that a board that old would have been totally and appropriately supported. The problem gets fixed when I update the chipset and install a different AHCI driver.
Old 09-10-2010

I think that you should try IDE mode because I have not seen any such problem in IDE mode. But you actually do require the AHCI hot-swap characteristic as I run an eSATA port from the onboard SATA controller. But I am disappointed that it not have that enabled.
Old 09-10-2010

When I was having the similar issue then I tried a lot of solutions for that but that do not work and finally when I took a look at device manager then I noticed that my SATA controller actually was not using the ATI driver. It was using the default Windows 7 driver. Therefore last night I switched to AHCI mode and installed the ATI driver manually. And the next morning I brought it out of S3 and I found my media driver there. The problem is possibly with Windows 7 SATA driver.
Old 09-10-2010

My SATA HDD was also disappearing after waking from S3. The problem started when I did a clean install of Windows 7 and a switch to AHCI. After reboot or another S3 cycle it was getting appeared. I soved this issue when I installed and run the Intel Matrix Storage Manager. You can aso install this from here. This will be really helpful to to you. All the Best...
Old 09-10-2010

As you all told some suggestion to the problem asked but according to my experience I think that there is a bug in the SATA driver that ships with Windows 7. You should check for that and try to find the way o solve that. If you are not able track the error then you can install a new SATA driver and I hope this will fix the issue for you.
Old 18-10-2010

You have to change the controller from AHCI to IDE and you can do this from BIOS settings. Reboot the computer and keep on pressing the Del button during the computer boot. When you do this then it will let you to the BIOS setting and there you will find different tabs and you can search the option to change the setting from there.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , ,