Thread: Windows 7 install hangs on "starting windows" screen on setup

Windows 7 install hangs on "starting windows" screen on setup

My windows 7 Home Premium freezes on starting windows when I run Windows 7 Home Premium OEM disc. I can only see the 4 little colored balls which in the center of the screen. I did a lot of research on that but not found any solution for that. I tried to use Tried w/ 2MB, 4MB and 6MB ram to solve that but nothing works for me. I am using ASUS P6TD Deluxe Intel X58 Socket LGA1366 MB motherboard. Please help me to solve that.
    www.techarena.in

Re: Windows 7 install hangs on "starting windows" screen on setup

I was also having the similar problem with my computer. It was actually the same situation as yours. I swapped out the hardware but nothing works for me. Finally I taken out my PSU from my old computer and put that into the new one. After doing that it started booting with Windows 7 installation screen without any problem. You should also try this if it is possible and this may let the issue gone.

You can try to do the start up repair. It is also having the option for repairing the operating system. Just boot from CD and in between after loading the files it will give you option for repairing the system. Normally you have to press R for that. When you press that key, it will start repairing the system. Repairing in the sense it will replace all the corrupted files from the system with the new one.

This is most likely to be a driver issue. Have yo install the latest chipset drivers. If you have not installed it then you can downloaded it from the Intel. Don't download it from the Asus disk. And one other thing that you have to apply the all the Win7 updates, if there is any available. You have to install the latest audio and gpu drivers from manufacturer and make sure that it is not from the Asus install disk.

You can try the safe mode to install that. All you have to do is just disconnect each and everything that is not essential for the computer. Specially all the USB device. Just inter in the safe mode and try to install the current driver manually like driver for GPU. If that does not work then you can try to repair the system as suggested earlier.

I was also having the similar problem of freezing windows during the setup after 1 to 2 minutes. I searched for the solution for that but that does not help me. Finally I found that I was having the memory card reader plugged into a USB header. I went to the BIOS and there was a option for "Legacy USB Storage Detection" and which was enabled by default and when I disabled that I found the issue gone.

Here are some points that you can try. I found many people with about the similar problem and got it solved with this.
    • Update the BIOS
    • Disable USB keyboard and USB mouse in BIOS
    • Disable LAN in BIOS
    • Disable FDD in BIOS
    • Eject the Win7 DVD after it freezes, and reinsert
    • Wait 30+ minutes for the system to finally continue