Thread: vista does not recognized the hard drive on reinstallation

sad vista does not recognized the hard drive on reinstallation

I recently had a problem with my computer in which I turned it on and received an error that said " invalid partition" I tried eveything that I could to fix it, was on the phone with HP for hours running test and was told that I need the istallation software to get it back. I acquire a couple of copies of vista (service pack 1 & 2) and it did not do anything. I finally gave up and decided to reformat the hard drive and start off with a clean installation. Vista does not seem to see my hard drive. I got an HP Pavilion A613ON with a 400g hatichi HD T72505 hard drive but on the installation were vista wants to know where to install it doesn't show the hard drive and asked me to install loaders or the installation media CD or USB which I don't have. I can not find the installation loaders for this hard drive anywhere can anyone help???

PS: I forgot to mention that I can see the hard drive in the bio's but I can not see the hard drive in the vista installation. The hard drive was inaccessible to before the reformat but now it is vista just cant see it.

Thanks
    Last edited by DARKPANTHER; 08-10-2010 at 08:05 AM.

Re: vista does not recognized the hard drive on reinstallation

Did you tried to connect the device with any other computer. Just do one thing connect the hard drive to other computer as secondary drive and see whether it is working for you. As it seems that the boot sector of the device got corrupted and that is why you are getting the same issue. So try this out and see whether it is working for you or not.