Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Want to install Windows XP on Xbox 360

Operating Systems

Old 07-10-2010

Want to install Windows XP on Xbox 360

I have made the purchase of the Xbox 360. In this system i want to put the Windows XP operating system on the hard drive. Will widow be able to run properly on the Xbox 360? I require your views on this issue. I am not sure that it will happen or not. So i require your help. I am waiting for the reply, please send it as early as possible.

Old 07-10-2010

Re: Want to install Windows XP on Xbox 360

According to me the thing which you are trying to do will not work for you. It is not a computer and even it is not the original Xbox. The xbox 360 which you are having is comparatively harder and all its parts are are custom. So i will advice you that do not install the windows XP on the xbox 360. Hope you have got the required answer.
Old 07-10-2010

I feel your thought was good one, but you will not be able to do this thing. There is a reason for thing ans it is windows can be used for the x86 cpu, but cannot be used for the powerpc. If we talk in terms of the hardware, then there is no drivers for the custom xbox 360 hardware though it is looking like PC. I think now you have got your answer.
Old 07-10-2010

I think i have a nice solution for you. Till now now you might be now that you will not be able to install the windows operating system on your system. So if really you want to install a operating system, then you can go for the linux/unix. Now talking theoretically it is possible. So you can try this out if you are good enough with the linux/unix operating system.
Old 07-10-2010

Xbox 360 is having a PowerPC chip and if we talk about the windows then it will not execute on a PowerPC chip. So there is no chance of installing the windows operating system on the Xbox 360. I will advice you to go for the PPC Linux with a custom bootloader, but may be compiled to run on these machines. you can make a try of this.
Old 07-10-2010

Thanks fro the support you all provided to me. I think that i have got enough information on my issue. I viewed all your reply and now i think that, i should leave this thing aside and go for the linux/unix operating system. I am not so good with the linux, but still i will try for the this. I will advice to the people to go for the linux and not for the windows OS.
Old 26-11-2011

Their is a way to install windows on the xbox360 i did and it works for me email me at davidfedon@gmail.com and i will show you how i did it

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,