Thread: Which program is recommended to organize appointments and notes in Ubuntu

Which program is recommended to organize appointments and notes in Ubuntu

I have Ubuntu 10.04 installed on my computer. I would like to have an application which can organize my appointments and notes in a better and clearer way. Does anyone over here know about any such software that can run on Ubuntu? What are your recommendations over here!

Re: Which program is recommended to organize appointments and notes in Ubuntu

This is what I found on linux.com website. Osmo is a compact yet feature-rich personal information organizer for Linux. It is a light weight and easy-to-use application. The GPL-licensed Osmo includes a datebook calendar, a to-do organizer, and a contacts list, all with lots of intuitive options. The tabulated format and uncluttered interface provide the needed information at a glance.

If you are using Emacs org-mode is very effective. Emacs is a class of feature-rich text editors, usually characterized by their extensibility. Emacs has more editing commands than other editors. It also allows the user to combine these commands into macros to automate work. Emacs text editors are most popular with technically proficient computer users and computer programmers.

Ok thanks for the information. I will look into the matter and see which one helps. One more thing I want to ask over here is that is there any calendar that can sync to google calendar in ubuntu? Anyone have experience in this? Is there some trick I don't know about?

Kontact is a personal information manager and groupware software suite for KDE. It supports calendars, contacts, notes, to-do lists, news, and email. Kontact embeds the following: Shows unread email, upcoming appointments, the latest news and weather. It uses KParts to embed the various applications into the container application.