Thread: Make sure disk is not full or write-protected" error????

Make sure disk is not full or write-protected" error????

I am having a desktop computer at my home with windows XP operating system. I am getting an error while I try to transfer some data from my personal computer to USB flash drive. The error says Make sure disk is not full or write-protected". I not able to make out what kind of problem is this if any one having knowledge of this then please reply me.

Re: Make sure disk is not full or write-protected" error????

There is a solution for this when you are trying to transfer data and if same message is pop ups then I think you should rename the file that you are transferring just rename it and try to send it again I am sure by doing this you can transfer the data very easily. If you are having any other query then please reply me.

I am also often use my USB flash drive and I know this kind of error occurs only when you have less space or no space in your flash drive. I think you should make sure that there is space in your flash drive before transferring data. And sometimes it don't show all the file with in USB flash drive some of the file are could be hidden.

I was facing the same issues with my flash drive and I have tried many of the things then one of my friend gave me solution on this. He told me to check the properties of the files. Some of the file can be protected because of that kind of messages are pop ups on the screen. I think this information may help you to go through this.

When you transfer the files from your personal computer to the USB flash drive check is the file you are transferring is close or not. when you transfer any files from one device to another if it is open then this kinds of messages can appears. So next time when you transfer any file from on device to another close that file.