Thread: Mouse click instability

Mouse click instability

I am having the problem with my mouse. I can just click once in a while and sometimes it is better in a window and if I switch to any other window it again starts showing the same thing. It is the third day from when the problem started. I have to go to the task manager and end all the running process and after returning to new window just open one program and it works fine for few time. I have installed the Windows Vista in my computer. Please help me.

Re: Mouse click instability

There may some problem in the settings for mouse. You can go to control panel and there you will see the icon for the mouse. Open that and you will a small window with all the settings for the mouse with different tables available. You can set those settings according to your need and in your case I think the problem is with the speed for double click of mouse. Adjust that according to your need.

Are you using a USB mouse? I am asking so because if you are using a USB mouse then there may be problem with your USB. Try any other port on your computer and see if it works or not? You can also check it on your friend’s computer for its performance. If it is showing good there then you can update the driver for your USB. That is the only possible solution which I can see now.

You have to go to the Control Panel and there click on System and then Device Manager. You should make sure that the mouse does not have a yellow triangle if that is the problem then your mouse will not function properly. You should go to Control panel, Mouse and check the mouse settings. If the problem is started after updating then the A/V could be a problem.

You should make sure that you are not having anything resting on your keyboard which pushes the "esc" key while booting and you should also make sure that you don't have stuck keys that may also cause the issue lie this. These are the simple things that you must be taken care of. Sometimes we thing that it is some big problem and it comes out a very small issue.