Thread: Error "Make sure disk is not full or write-protected" in windows 7

Error "Make sure disk is not full or write-protected" in windows 7

I was transferring the files from one computer to another over wireless. It was getting transferred normally but after a few seconds it aborted the transfer process on itself and gives the error that
    "Cannot copy xxxx: Access is denied Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not
    currently in use
    "
    I don’t know what the problem is and how to fix this. This is the first time I saw this error. Before that it was getting transferred without any problem. Please help me to get out of this. Thank you.

Re: "Make sure disk is not full or write-protected" error????

This error normally comes when there is no space on the receiving computer or less space then the file size that is transferring. You should make sure that there is enough space to receive the the file on other computer. There is one more possibility that the file may be write protected and which is not allowing you to transfer the files. Check for these two things first and correct them accordingly.

Make sure that the file that you want to transfer is not opened at the time of transfer. Close all the files and apps that you want to transfer. Check for the sharing that it should be configured correctly. Sometime if you close an files then also there is possibility that it may be used by the other processes. Take care of these things and again try to send the files.

I was also getting the same problem. I was selected the write access in shared properties but still I was getting the problem. What I did to fix this was just unchecked the box for write access and again check that and pressed OK. After doing all that when I again tried to transfer the file it got transferred without any issue. You should also try this. I don't know the trick behind that but it works. Good Luck!!!

Re: Error "Make sure disk is not full or write-protected" in windows 7

I think you should rename the name of the file. There is possibility that there may be some other file on the receiving computer which has the same name as the file which is getting transferred. That is why it is not allowing the system to transfer the file because it will overwrite the existing file. Just rename any one of the file and then again send the file to other computer. I hope this will help you.

There may be problem with the workgroup or the setting for the file sharing. Something may not be right in the setting for those two. All you have to do is setup the workgroups and file sharing again. I can say that because one of my friend was also having the same problem and he did the same to solve his problem.

Thank you very much friends for your replies. There was another file on the other computer which was having the same name. I deleted the file on second computer that was not needed for me and which was creating the problem. Once again thank you very much for your replies.