Thread: Aspire 5720z won`t boot

Aspire 5720z won`t boot

I have a new Aspire 5720z which I bought two months back. There was no problem with it for two months but from last few days I am getting some problem when I try to boot the system. The fan runs for three to five seconds and after that it stops. I think that the problem is created by the fan. I think that the fan is damages and therefore it is getting stopped. I am not very sure about it. Can you tell me the reason and the solution for that?

Re: Aspire 5720z won`t boot

There may be problem with the BIOS setting. Reboot the computer and enter in BIOS setting. There find the option for the default settings. Select the default settings and save and exit the setup. Restart your system and see whether it helps you or not. If it does not help you then you should update the BIOS for your computer and I think it will help you to boot your system.

As you told that that your fan runs only for 3 to 4 seconds and after that it stops automatically. My suggestion to you is to clean the fan in you laptop. There may be dust in that which makes it to stop. I am saying that because cleaning the fan solves the similar issue in my case. I hope that it help you in your issue also. But do it very carefully because it is a very delegate thing. Good Luck.
    Last edited by DanielV; 07-10-2010 at 10:34 AM.

This issue may also cause because of your RAM. Your RAM may not be detected therefore it can not load the operating system in the RAM. RAM is the one where the operating system loads when your system boots. If it does not have proper connection with the slot then it will not get detected.Make sure that it has the proper connection.
    Last edited by mesterio; 07-10-2010 at 10:38 AM.

The best way to get the solution is to call the Acer Tech Support. They are the people who can provide you the best solution for the issue. They knew all the possible problems which can occur in Acer Laptop and they have the exact solution for that. They go through may of such issue daily. I do the same whenever I get any problem with my Acer laptop.

Dr. V Guest

Problem may be with the operating system that is installed in your computer. That may be corrupted or some files may be missing from it which is needed at boot time. Insert the Operating System CD into it and boot from CD. Reinstall the operating system.This should be a clean install. After fresh installation of operating system, your computer will boot normally. I hope this will help you.

As you told that you have bought it new so think you must have the warranty card for that. Just see that whether it is in warranty period or not. If it is under warranty then you should not try anything from yourself. Just take to the shop from where you bought it. And if they are not able to help you then you can send it back to the manufacturer and they will definitely help you to get out of this.