Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2010

PC takes more time to shut down

I am having a personal computer at my home with the windows XP operating system. I use to do normal work on it and more of time I play game on it. I have notice a thing regarding my personal computer that is it takes more time to get shutdown. Is there is really some problem with my Personal computer or its just kind of misunderstanding of mine.
Old 06-10-2010

re: PC takes more time to shut down

There could be many reason behind this issue. I think when you give command for shut down your Personal Computer that time all of your application which are running on your machine are get close one by one. So if you not close any of the application and give the direct command for shut down then computer takes more time for shuts down.
Old 06-10-2010

There is on big reason for personal computer shuts down slowly is due to outdated and infected device driver. Because of this of device cause the personal computer to slow down. I suggest you to go to your device manager and check if the is any exclamation mark in front of the device. If yes then install the driver again.
Old 06-10-2010

I suggest you to instead of shuts down your personal computer you can set it to sleep by Hibernating. When you set your personal computer to Hibernate all of the data from is saved to the disk PC then the your personal computer shuts down. Both Hibernating and shut down process are same but when you the computer then after starting personal computer you can get all the Windows you were working on.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,