Thread: Win7 logs on users with temp profile

Win7 logs on users with temp profile

Guys, I have installed Windows 7 on my computer. I have created 3 user accounts in it. One of them is mine which has Administrative privilege and the other two are the standard users or I can say they belong to the local user. My machine is nit in domain. My problem is that when it is logged on with a standard account then it creates a temporary profile and it informs the user that you can not access the files and folder in his profile and that account get deleted after use. This profile never gets created in Admin account login. Can you help me to identify that where the problem exist.

Re: Win7 logs on users with temp profile

This can also be happen if anyone tried to login to machine before starting all the required services at start up. Fundamentally if the user switch on the computer and if they attempt and login to the machine the second they will see the login box, it can check their recommendation but it can't display the profile of the user. If you log off and again try to login then you will see that the problem is gone. This is on the workgroup but if you are on domain then it would have different dependencies.

As you told that whenever you login as a stander profile then you are being logged on with the temporary profile. This seems that there may be some programs that are using the handles and not closing them therefore it is keeping the registry open. You can use UPHClean which is a very good program. You can download this from internet and install that on your computer. You will find the one which is made only for windows XP.

I am agree with Solomon that by using the UPHClean software you will be able to solve the issue. The user profile has the cleanup service. This service helps us to ensure that if we have terminated the user session completely or not. Normally when the user logs off the system the application maintains the registry to the system and prevents the complete ending of the user process.

You can try this to get it fixed.
    • First of all log in with temp profile.
    • Type regedit in find box and this will open registry editor.
    • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current version\Profile list.
    • You will see the key under profile list.
    • Remove the .back key from it and rename the new profile keys which don’t have this extension.
    • After that close all the window and log off and login with the username and password.

This seems that it is problem with the roaming profile and your system is not able to find the path that is for the roaming profile and therefore it is logging in as a temp profile. You should check that if you have turned on the roaming profile. You should make sure that you have roaming profile is set to active directory. You have to open AD Users and Computers and open the profile tab and there check that profile path is correct under “user profile”.