Thread: Should i switch to Linux

Should i switch to Linux

I have been using the windows XP operating system siunce a very long time and now i am thinking to switch to linux based operating system. Is this idea feasible to get this operating system installed. Also i would like to know what are the benefits of linux over windows. Please provide some basic information about linux so that i can take this decision. which version of the linux is good to use.

Re: Should i switch to Linux

if you want to maximize your PC and aims to get more return to their devices. A Linux system will always require fewer resources than a system MS -Windows to perform the same activities. If you need a stable operating system , Linux is ( more than MacOS , OS / 2 and , of course , rather than MS -Windows) , with the added bonus of being OpenSource.

The modern fad or the operating system ( OS ) Linux is increasingly talked about in the columns of the digital press. It must be said that since its adoption by members of the National Assembly and the a large number of companies have started using this application, the alternative operating system has the wind roll. But that path traveled since its inception in 1991.

I use Suse 10.3 on my hard drive via a packman tuned version for my Internet activities , XP on an NTFS partition for the stuff that Linux ( yet ) to work, but less and less. Anti -virus program I use for Linux, not the emails are scanned by default on the Severn , and what should, for example : W32 tralala cause in Linux.

Dr. V Guest

Try to use the Ubuntu linux on your system since it appears as the Ubuntu operating system is one of the best linux operating system. The first and foremost advantage of using linux based operating system is that it is available freely all the application which can run in windows is also compatible with ubuntu. Ubuntu linux consumes very less system resources which provides a better performance.

If you have always been using the windows XP since a long time you may face some problem while using the Linux platform, specially while installing the third party software. In Linux there setup doesn't run as next next finish.You have to more careful while performing installation if you are having the Internet connection all time then you can easily find out the help while using the Linux, but you don;t have Internet access all the time then you may face lot of problem. First you should Linux with the dual boot after getting the use of Linux you should switch to the Linux platform.