Thread: Kubuntu 10.4 vs Mint 9

Kubuntu 10.4 vs Mint 9

I have been using Windows XP operating system on my custom made desktop since last few years and it worked really very well but now i am of the opinion to migrate to another operating system and i am looking forward for an open source since i am aware that there are new operating system available which incurs no cost. i am confused between kubuntu 10.4 and the mint 9. Can any one tell me which of the two above mentioned operating system will be better to use.

Re: Kubuntu 10.4 vs Mint 9

If you like Ubuntu but GNOME is not to your liking, go for Kubuntu is KDE what Ubuntu is GNOME. Kubuntu is updated at the same time the Ubuntu distribution, which follows the same system version. Kubuntu comes standard with support for most of the peripherals available on the market today for both PC desktop and laptop or server and integrate version 4.2 of KDE.

Distribution based on Ubuntu that includes all the codecs 'dirty' by Ubuntu (DVD, MP3, Dvix, etc.), Internet plugins (Java, Flash, RealPlayer) and proprietary drivers such as graphics cards Nvidia or ATI. The graphic theme changes with each version change but retains a constant elegance. So it would be better to use the Linux Mint 9.

Dr. V Guest

Besides the new look and feel, Mint 9 has a new package manager is completely rewritten, which includes all the best features of GNOME App-Install, Ubuntu Software Center and the previous Software Manager and allows users to write brief reviews (reviews ) on each package. Its database has as many as 30,000 applications.

Kubuntu is a distribution whose goal is to be as accessible as possible. It is a great way to discover the world of Linux. Installation is very easy and requires only twenty minutes to complete. The updates are simplified and performed automatically via the Internet, it is not necessary to install the system again with each new release. The distribution is obviously comes with a multitude of applications, desktop, Internet, graphics, etc..

Kubuntu uses Wine so you can easily launch originally planned for Windows applications, and all this thanks to a utility for easy configuration. Kubuntu is also a multimedia distro that lets you manage your photos, videos and music through the in terms of free software. If you are coming from Windows, its just a matter of choice.