Thread: windows vista bluetooth problem

windows vista bluetooth problem

i hope this is the right place to post this on this forum but i wave windows vista and on a inspiron E1505 and i know it has bluetooth in it. my problem is when i go to the bluetooth devices window and try to click on bluetooth settings it will not open. does anyone know what this problem is? i think it may be a services problem since i have disabled ones that are rarely used. so i guess the bigger question is what services does bluetooth and bluetooth settings rely on?? please and thank you for any help in advance

Re: windows vista bluetooth problem

The problem is because the drivers are corrupted and hence try to downbload the drivers from the dell website and simply follow the steps which are mentioned below:
    1. Execute the file "R140135.exe".
    2. Open the folder "C:\dell\drivers\R140135\3100_216".
    3. Execute the file "Setup.exe".
    4. When the driver ask you to active your Bluetooth antena, click in "Cancel.
    5. Open the folder "C:\dell\drivers\R140135\3100_216\Win32"
    6. Execute the file "Inst.exe".
    7. Click in "Next" button to begin the installation.

The problem should be resolved as soon as the installation finishes.

thanks for your help so far but when I have already completed steps 1 through 5 you have stated and am attempting to complete step 6, the install is running and when i come near to the end of it (I tried it twice) the image in the attachment comes up, i click ok the box comes back up and if i hit cancel the install wizard says it completed successfully but then I'm all the way back where i started with no bluetooth settings option opening up

what can i do now?
    Attached Images Attached Images

also i just tried finding the driver software from the dell website by using my service tag and downloaded it and ran it. upon doing that it told me that no bluetooth chip could be found. I am now totally confused bc i have the bluetooth symbol in the light up tray(where the cap lock num lock and scroll lock light ups are) is this just there and i dont have the chip?? whats going on please help

Please be sure that the drivers which you have downloaded and installed are for you laptop, that is the drivers should be for your laptop model specifically. If they do not match, they will not be installed. So, please check if you have downloaded and installing the correct drivers.

well i used my service tag so i should have found the exact one i needed right?