Thread: Dell Studio 1737:DPC spike issue

Dell Studio 1737:DPC spike issue

I am facing a problem with my “Dell Studio 1737”, the problem is regarding on DPC(Deferred Procedure Call). I used it for the giving first preference to the high-priority tasks of the operating system than the lowest-priority. The issue is also contains some periodic crackle and sound disturb during audio playback. The problem is most serious with the wireless broadband, I tried to fix the issue by disable the wiles connectivity, but is does not solve my problem. Search everywhere for a fix of this problem but found nothing. Anyone help me to come out from this problem…

Re: Dell Studio 1737:DPC spike issue

Check you BIOS setting with the windows. And ensure that your operating system is installed correctly. The DPC is working with the operating system, it used for the execution permission customization by the user. The problem of sound is may also for the BIOS. So, firstly update your BIOS o install a newly release update BIOS(A09 BIOS) from the Dell web-site for your laptop and install it. If you still facing the problem, then I would suggest you to reinstall your Operating system.
    Last edited by Mr. Boo Bear; 29-09-2010 at 05:21 PM.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

This sort of problem may be solved in Windows XP, if you are using. You can install a free software named as ‘Process Explorer’ by SysInternals. Under that select the System process. Suspend all the 'ACPI' threads, it is the reason of your DPC problem. You may lose some functionality of your machine, for that re-enable the functions before logging off, otherwise the computer will hang.

I had the same problem with DPC in my laptop DELL Inspiring 1525. I did some processes to fix it. Try this, would suggest you to do it. You can fix the problem.
    1.Go for a brand new fire wire express card with a chip set (Texas).
    2.Connect it to your profile.
    3.All on board fire wire, should be disable.
    4.Switch off the wireless of your laptop.
    Now try while you are connected in wireless.

Remember that the DPC generally spikes which reflects to audio pops. I am experiencing with it. My issue was related to Dell DELL 1395 wireless card. I tried with different wireless drivers but the DPC remains identical. Then someone suggest me to replace the wireless card, and other hardware’s of my system, which are also damaged for the issue. After replacing now there is no problem in my wireless connection. A new wireless card is a solution for your problem.