Thread: Vostro 1014, 1015, 1088 audio driver for Windows Xp

Vostro 1014, 1015, 1088 audio driver for Windows Xp

I have recently got a new laptop which is a Dell Vostro 1014 and i was in search of drivers for this laptop. Actually i do not want them right now but i am gonna reinstall an operating system on this laptop which is windows XP. So i would be needing proper drivers for it. Can somebody tell me that where can i find the Windows XP drivers for this laptop. Specially Audio drivers.

Re: Vostro 1014, 1015, 1088 audio driver for Windows Xp

Whenever you want to download any drivers for Windows operating system then you should first of all go to the official website of the windows as if you can find out the drivers there then it would be better then anything. Those drivers won't be having any kind of problem most of the time. I suggest you to directly go to the microsoft.com. Make sure that you install the drivers as per the version of your Windows operating system as if it is 32 bit windows os then download the drivers for the same.

Even if you don't find the drivers for your audio device then confirm that your laptop has which audio chip according to which you have to install the drivers on your windows machine. I suggest you to directly visit the Dell's official website where you just need to select your laptop series and search for an audio drivers there. You must be getting the proper one.

If your laptop have came up with the windows Xp installed on it then you must have got the CD for your motherboard and the CD for Windows XP too. I suggest you to insert that CD in your CD Rom which automatically install the the required drivers after installing the new windows operating system on your laptop.

Dr. V Guest

I guess there are lots and lots of places from where you can download an audio drivers for your XP laptop but the things is that whom to trust. It is obvious that nobody other gonna be safer then that of an official one but still downloading the drivers from some other unknown websites does not mean that they aren't so well. I have download the some drivers from some weirdly named websites and i didn't faced any problem regarding this drivers.

There is one more simpler way to download the proper detected drivers for your laptop. You have to check about it in the Device Manager of your OS. Once you have got into device manager then your machine automatically prompts you for installing the latest drivers or needed drivers. But make sure that you do not have multiple drivers on your machine for the same device such as two drivers may conflict with eachother due to installation of a single thing.