Thread: Fix for quiet sound in Vista

Fix for quiet sound in Vista

I wanted to play games on my computer therefore I bought a new system. I have not bought new speakers yet and I have decided to use my old emachines speakers but I found that the volume is quite low in vista. I kept trying to figure out a fix for this problem but got no proper solution for this. I am not experiencing the excitement of games without the proper volume. Is there anyone who knew about this issue and has solution for it then please tell me? I will appreciate any help from anyone on this issue.
    www.techarena.in

Re: Fix for quiet sound in Vista

Hey, I was also having the same problem with my speaker and I got it solved. You can also do that. All that you have to do is just switch the type of output. You will find that in the realtek audio manager from speaker out to headphone out. You will find that it almost double the volume of the speaker. I hope this will help you and other users who are seeking the answer for the same problem.

One of my friend was also having the same issue and when he went to Realtek Sound Manager he found that it had reset the volume itself. The volume level in the WMP and Sound mixture was on the top. I don’t know the exact reason behind this but it happens regularly. You have to go to Files/Realtek/InstallShield/RTSndMgr.cpl to check the sound volume. I am not very sure about this because it was not my personal experience.

Headphone output signal is nothing but the attenuated line signal therefore it should be quieter from that intended for speakers. I think there is something wrong with the driver and you need to reinstall the driver. Remove audio driver from your computer and restart your computer. As your computer restart it will install the driver automatically and I this will solve the issue with the re installation.

Hi Bayougoula,
    If you are using windows 7 and your sound is quieter than normal then you can try this to get it fixed.
    1. Right click on the speaker icon which is at the bottom left of the screen or you can also go to control panel > Hardware & Sound > Sound.
    2. Select 'Playback Devices
    3. Right click on the speaker output you are using, it will be usually ‘Speakers’.
    4. Select 'Properties'
    5. Click on 'Enhancements'
    6. Tick on 'Disable All Enhancements'
    7. Now press OK.
    8. Now you can check by opening media player and any other audio program. Usually this setting will not require the restart but if you find that the issue is not gone then you can give it a restart.

You are actually overdriving your amplifiers because you are boosting the output voltage. This may also shorten the life of the speaker and the amplifier both. You will get Optimal sound playback which is coming from the lower input and amplifier converts that to higher output.
    Watts = Volts x Amperes.
    If you boost ampere then you can feed speakers more clean wattage. If you are boosting the voltage then the voice coil in your speaker may get heated.