Thread: asp.net machine account for Vista Premium took over my PC HEEEEELP!

sad asp.net machine account for Vista Premium took over my PC HEEEEELP!

Hi Everyone,
    I have a major problem on my hands, today I accidentally set ASP.NET as an administrator (it was an icon just above my avatar in the user files) Since setting that I have been unable to do a system restore, download, change users you name it. The only thing I can fo is access the net! I have tried booting in safe mode and editing the registry I have tried every tip I can think of besides a full on F Disk. I can not edit anything in any mode as it promts me for a password and I never set one for asp.net. This is a nightmare and I do not have any of my disks to try a re-install so Im stuck. Again cant down load or access anything vut web pages I am in VISTA HELL! Does anyone know of this problem and if so what can I do to fix it. I have tried everything I now for 8 hours and nothing. My comp is a compaq 32bit and I just have no idea, this is a major issue with what seems no resolve from a simple action. PLEASE HELP ME!

Re: asp.net machine account for Vista Premium took over my PC HEEEEELP!

For the above problem you have to first uninstall the asp.net from your system in which you are running the program. For that you have to go to the start menu then you have to select manage your server after going to it then go to your manage your server window then you have to select add or remove the role. After that you have to select the option next and on the server role box you have to clean the server application and then select next. At the end you have to select finish. After that you have to again install the asp.net on the system in which you are working. For the same you have to go to the start menu, then you have to go to your manage your server then go to the manage server window and you have to select the add or remove the role. After that you have to select the option next. And in the server role box you have to you have to verify the application server and select the option next. Then you have to select the option enable asp.net from the check box and press next till you had not complete and at the end select the option finish. This will solve your problem.

Hey, I have this exact problem!

I found that solution really complicated could you provide anything with pictures please!?

I need help help help!

Dr. V Guest

It is a just a system account which is normally engaged with the asp.net and there are more other similar accounts which stays hidden in the computer to avoid confusion. It is possible to disable that and for the same I am providing you a similar thread below. Read the following thread which has much more highlights on how to disable a asp.net account.
    Disable Asp.net Account