Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 27-09-2010

Unknown Device on Dimension 8100

I have bought this Dell Dimension 8100 and uploaded windows XP on that, I have chosen this because I feel comfortable using XP operating system. So far it is good but the thing is that I am getting error message of unsupported device. This message is displayed in Device Manager. To be honest I am not that technical person to solve this problem all alone hence seeking help from your side.
Old 27-09-2010

Re: Unknown Device on Dimension 8100

After you upgrade your Dell Dimension 8100 with Windows XP, you receive an "unsupported device" in Other devices in Device Manager. If you click the right mouse button on the device and then click Properties for the device shows the following properties: Device Type: Other devices. You can still access support E by double-clicking the desktop icon. If reboot does not clear this problem can be repaired, with support E.
Old 27-09-2010

This problem may occur if the handler for the button E-media on your computer is not compatible with Windows XP. In this situation, the entry "Device not supported" in the Device Manager Button represents the electronic support is located at the front of the Dell Dimension 8100 computer. Press Support E button to launch the Dell Solution Center.
Old 27-09-2010

To resolve this problem, reinstall the version of the Dell Solutions Center that originally shipped with your computer. For more information about how and inquire about the availability of a Windows XP-compatible drivers for the Support button address, contact Dell. To contact Dell, visit the following Dell Web site. Just visit these sites and follow the procedure that is mentioned there and let me know the result.
Old 27-09-2010

I have a Windows XP SP2 and for some days I no USB device is recognized correctly. I get unknown device error. And there's your aunt. In the Device Administrator must say I have no problem. I have not installed anything lately that may have affected this and I am totally clueless on this issue. I have an Nvidia nForce 3 250Gb motherboard with the live update on and everything updated. Now I am waiting for reply. Someone comes up with something?
Old 27-09-2010

Try uninstalling the USB Hub to your computer and all use USB to your device manager. Then restart your computer and you should to catch everything. But it catches you try reinstalling the motherboard drivers. I am sure that this will definitely solve the problem that you are facing. If you face any issue related this then let me know about that.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,