Thread: How to fix sound pop/click/stutter due to DPC latency

How to fix sound pop/click/stutter due to DPC latency

I have a alienware system where their is some sound quality issue. After experimenting with the DPC Latency pro audio systems for semi-pro (real audio) on my XPS Studio 16, a friend bought a Alienware for the same kind of use. Anyway if you need audio on a Alienware for the same then what can be done from here. While audio processing is only 10/20% of my work is super important to me, and if the problem persists on 3700, that means I have to point me to another machine.

Re: How to fix sound pop/click/stutter due to DPC latency

If it can help someone, I partially solved my problem DPC latency spikes. I say partly because it is not always the top but now I get to use my sound card even though the driver of my sound card sometimes crashes. DPC Latency Checker is a program that you do not need to see which computer is more challenges to do, its main use is to diagnose if there are hardware problems, or better communication between hardware and software (driver).

The essential difference is that the file compression is lossless. fortunately, can you imagine Word documents compress and lose pieces of text), while the MP3 compression is lossy it removes certain parts of sound that the ear human is very sensitive. Of course the MP3 compression is more efficient, compress a WAV sound file (uncompressed) with WinRAR you will see that it is less efficient than MP3 but the sound remains intact.

I tried a lot of manipulation with disk defragmentation, disk performance tests, search for spyware and adware, virus, and other registry upgrade processes. I also tried to update the official drivers for the same but still there is no support for the same. Through the device manager, I disabled multiple devices potentially liable to identify the right, in this case Microsoft SideWinder (auto-sensing), which was regularly check that I had not plugged a gaming device on my sound card.

If using DPC Latency Checker and the if the result oo high, the problem is almost certainly with the attributable to the Deferred Procedure Calls , used by the driver directly from the kernel. To solve these problems you must first update your drivers to the latest version. If this does not work then you will need re-install each and every hardware in your system one by one.

Devices that cause a decrease in performance for the system and can cause problems, as the site of DPC Latency Checker can be affected due to network adapters for Ethernet and wireless LAN (WLAN). This is also due to Internal or external modem. If you have any sound card in your system then also try to update your sound driver or remove the card and check the same.

This can simply be a driver issue and that is effecting the dpc latency. I am working on some audio mixing tool and the output which I got losses the audio support. Some files from that I had played on a different pc and I found that the audio was fine. I removed by sound card and now it is working well. I think that depends on the motherboard you have in your system.