Thread: Windows 7 won't boot with 9800GTX drivers

Windows 7 won't boot with 9800GTX drivers

As the title of this thread is you should have got, that on my system when I have the drivers for the 9800GTX, then Windows 7 fails to boot. I do not know what is the problem with this. I have however tried many things but could not help it work. It gets stuck on a black screen with the cursor moving on it. However when I go with the VGA drivers I do not find any problem it booting. The PC boots successfully. Is there any way you all can help us.

Re: Windows 7 won't boot with 9800GTX drivers

In your case I will suggest you to go for fresh installation of the Windows 7 on your system. There are many cases that we all have encountered here on Windows 7 and I do think that this will really help you to get out of it. Also when it is said fresh installation so see that you completely clean the hard disk of the system and then you proceed with the installation. See if this helps. Also if you wish you can see for the updates for the drivers of your system.

I do not think that you should go for the fresh installation. The problem is for sure because of the GTX 9800 and there is no doubt about that. So, I think that before doing anything weird with the Windows 7, why do not you try changing the slot of the card in which it is connected. I think that switching the card will really help you a bit with booting. If that does not work then I think you should move with the fresh installation of the Windows 7.

Have you tried booting the system in the safe mode? This is not a solution it is actually to measure to what extent the problem of your system is. See if the system boots in the safe mode. If the system does not boot in the safe mode then I think the problem is somewhat serious and need to be taken good care of. Just asking this did you get the BSOD at any time? Please let me and all of here know about this so that we can come out with something.

No I have never got the BSOD and I do not ever want to see this on my PC. I had tried all the suggestions that you all gave me. I first of all tried to change the slot of the graphic card, but yet I did not get it work in my favor. Then I tried to boot the system in the safe mode first by placing the card in the previous slot and then placing it in the new slot, but this also did not help. After all this I went for the fresh installation with lot of hope but that even did not work for me. Any further suggestions. Now I cannot make out who is the culprit Windows 7 or the card.

To check if it is Windows 7 or the GTX 9800, then I think I have a better way to find this. Take your card to someone else’s computer and see if the card works in that PC. Let us know once you are done with this. I think further suggestions in this case can be given once you will let us know about this. Also update all drivers for the motherboard and also update the BIOS of the system. Sometime the BIOS can cause this kind of problem.

I do not know if this will really help you, but when you have tried all the various steps then you can also try this.
    • First of all install the 175.16 driver.
    • When you will be done with this then you can download a new BIOS driver for the Graphic Card.
    • No for installing this driver you will need VGA Tools utility, and you need to download this.
    • Now run the VGA Tools and flash the old BIOS.
    • Finally install the latest NVIDIA driver and I am sure that this will really work.