Thread: Bios keeps waking computer from sleep

Bios keeps waking computer from sleep

My problem is that whenever I try to make my computer to sleep it automatically wakes back up as it enters to sleep mode. I am not sure but I think that it is a BIOS problem and therefore I change the BIOS from Auto to S1. After this when I tried for sleep function then also the computer runs but this time it is in low power state. I again changed it to S3 and I found that it is the same as it was in Auto. I don’t know that what the problem is. Please help me.

Re: Bios keeps waking computer from sleep

Yes, I have solution for this. For those who has the issue like this, here is the solution for them:

The thing you have to do is to change the jumpers on the USB and keyboard also if you have PS2 keyboard. All you have to do is to change the jumper from 1-2 to 2-3. This will supply the power to activate the sleep and wake up function. If you don’t do this then your computer will be in S1 state in which your computer will be running continuously but in low power mode.

This seems to be problem with the setting of your BIOS. I think that you have to reset the BIOS setting and here are the setting to reset the Setting.
    1. Shut down your computer.
    2. you will find the rocker at the back of your computer and change it from position1 to position 0.
    3. you will find a three pin jumper near to the power supply of the motherboard. It will be labeled as "clear cmos" or sometimes as "reset bios".
    4. Remove the jumper from position 1-2. It is default position.
    5. Place it to position 2-3.
    6. press the power button on your computer.
    7. Wait for a minute.
    8. connect the jumper to the default position.
    9. Now power on your computer.

Above method is right but if it is not working in your case then I have an alternative way to do that. Here are the steps.
    1. If applicable then switch the rocker-style from position (I) to the off position (O).
    2. Now remove the CMOS battery.
    3. wait for 4-5 minutes.
    4. again insert the battery.
    5. Again move the rocker-style switch to position (I).
    6. Switch your computer on.

Here is the simplest and safest way to do that. You should try this steps before doing any other thing.
    1. Press Del key continuously as you press the power on button and this will let you to the BIOS setting.
    2. Select the last tab in the BIOS window.
    3. Search for the option for restoring the BIOS setting and select that.
    4. In last select the save and Exit.

If you don’t know that how to configure the BIOS setting then you should not mess with it. This may also damage your computer. Unplug the computer before removing the case. Before conducting any component in your PC you should make sure that you have ground yourself, this will decrease the risk of electrostatic discharge.

If you don’t know that how to configure the BIOS setting then you should not mess with it. This may also damage your computer. Unplug the computer before removing the case. Before conducting any component in your PC you should make sure that you have ground yourself, this will decrease the risk of electrostatic discharge.

You can try the above posted solution and see whether it works or not. Normally it will work but if you found that it is not working then you can call the service center of LG and ask them. They will give you the correct solution. Or you can reach to the nearest service center for LG and get it done there. This is the best way to get the issue solved.