Thread: Studio XPS 9100 - Upgrading to Win7 Pro 64 problem

Studio XPS 9100 - Upgrading to Win7 Pro 64 problem

I have decided to upgrade my system from Windows 7 64 bit Home to Windows 7 64 bit Professional. But however I cannot get through this. Is there any way I can get through with this. I am having Studio XPS 9100. Whenever I try to upgrade I get an error that it needs a DVD/CD driver. I really do not know what I need to do with this. I tried searching a lot for the drivers on the official website of the Microsoft, but I could not find anything. Please help.

Re: Studio XPS 9100 - Upgrading to Win7 Pro 64 problem

tREYTON, you just won the race, I am also having the same problem. I just got myself late in posting this here. I am sure that the problem that we both are facing is lot similar. When I got the same error I went and bought a DVD drive that Microsoft said that is compatible with Windows 7 64. I also downloaded the drivers and tried them but that also did not work. I then unzipped the drivers, but tried installing them individually to see if that if it is working.

In my opinion I think that the only CD/DVD drivers are the built in Windows drivers. There are actually no third party drivers that I think will be required here. Whenever a new PC is bought it comes with DVD drives so that you will not be required to install the drivers in addition. I wanted to ask you how you are installing the Pro upgrade. Do you have the Windows 7 Pro disc? Or are you going by any other way? Please let me know.

No I do not have a Windows 7 Pro disc, but I have downloaded the ISO Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. I downloaded the image from the official website of Microsoft, so I do not think that this is illegal. After the download completed I burned that image on the DVD, using the Roxio 10. Let me tell you in advance that I tried this for almost 3 times and all the time I failed. What can you suggest me more in this perspective? Is there something else that you can give me?

Yes I think I can really suggest you something so that you can carry out the process successfully. Please try some other burning tool in order to burn the DVD. I have also faced a lot of problem while making discs out of the ISO image. I had problems with the Roxio as well as Nero. So, eventually I went for the other DVD burning tool. You can try the IMGBURN if you wish. I think that you will get a trial version of this from the net. See if it helps.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's