Thread: How can i restore start menu icon which is missing

How can i restore start menu icon which is missing

Hello,
    I am having problem related to the start menu. My start menu does not appear when i start my system. Even the icons on the desktop are not displayed. But when i bring my task manager then everything works fine. I have tries several things, but does not help me in solving my issue. How can I bring back the desktop and is anyone having any other suggestions for this problem? If you will provide me some help then it will be fine.

Re: How can i restore start menu icon which is missing

You need to go through following steps for solving the problem. First copy explorer.exe file from other computer in your pen drive and after copying plug the pen-drive in your system and go to C:\WINDOWS. Now make the hidden file visible and delete the explorer.exe and any other files start with explorer in your system. Then put the new one from the pen drive there. Your problem is solved now and you just need to restart the PC.

I have solve this just by clicking on the CTR +ALT+DELETE buttons and then deleting the explorer.exe process from there and now again run explorer.exe as a new task. After doing this out my computer was working well and i was able to see the start menu and other icons, this is how i solved my problem. You try this out as it may help in solving your problem as well.

The same problem even i started facing out, when i installed an update in my computer. Initially i restored the start menu, but when i log in the problem again came back. I think that there is virus in my system or any of the services which is not turned on. How i solve this issue? I am currently not using my system .It is switched off. Provide me some help.

One of my friends was facing the same problem on his system. Some hoe he was able to solve his problem. I have taken the solution from him. Even he was having virus on his system. Just you need to run malwarebytes which freely available and do a quick scan of your system and remove the viruses from it. After doing this all things will come back. Hope it helped you

This method has solved my issue, hope this will solve your problem as well. Press the CTRL +ALT+DELETE fey together for running the tack manager. After the task manager gets open type internet.exe and click on OK. After doing this it will bring back all your missing icons. The people who are facing this problem also can try this out

I have tried the solution of copying the explore.exe file from other computer. I also have deleted my previous explore.exe files and put the new explore.exe file in to my system. After trying this solution my problems are solved .Now i am able to see my icons and even my start menu is visible now. I give my thanks to the one who has given this solution for me. It has really helped me out.

1. Right click on the Start Button
    2. Click Properties
    3. In the Task Bar and Start Menu Properties window click “customize”
    4. Click on the “Use Default Settings” button
    5. Click “Ok”
    6. Click “Apply”
    7. Open a program or two and ensure that the icons for these programs are showing in the recently opened items.