Thread: Installing the ifort compiler version 11.0 0n ubuntu 32bit

Installing the ifort compiler version 11.0 0n ubuntu 32bit

hi,
    the problem which i am recently facing is about the ifort compiler version 11.0, which i am currently trying to install it on ubunto 9.0, during the installation it gives the error of libstdc++.so.5 is required,so please any one help me to sort this problem so that i may able to install and use ubuntu.

Re: Installing the ifort compiler version 11.0 0n ubuntu 32bit

The issue of ifort compiler which gives you the error,for the installation of the intel there is requirement of the of installing the several packages for the system,to serve as the development plat form.Along with it to use the Intel IDB graphical debugger, you will also need the Java JRE 5 or 6 installed.

As per error which you are getting,so for 32 bit system,so there is need to install 32bit version of libstdc++5,i386 package has to be downloaded for libstdc++5,the deb package has to be saved or it may be installed by package manager,and then install the i386 libstdc++ deb package.

For the installation of ifort compiler, the required compiler which is used for the performance and compiler libraries,these Compilers include advanced optimization features, multithreading capabilities, and support for Intel processors and compatible processors,it also provides the performance of libraries for creation of multithreaded applications.

The problem which is related to the ubuntu, as per me it the operating system which is based on Debian GNU/Linux distribution,it is made up of many software packages, the derived opreating system for the ubuntu are Kubuntu, Edubuntu which are also known as Ubuntu Education Edition, and Ubuntu Server Edition.

As you would like to work on 32 bit ubuntu after the installation of ifort compiler, so according to me the ubuntu consists of the various features usability, security and stability. The ubuntu may be installed without having restart to the computer,ubuntu consists with various softwares such as the OpenOffice.org, Firefox, Empathy,ubuntu is capable of running various programs for microsoft by using the virtual machine.

The ubuntu operating system may be installed properly before installing the ifort compiller,for the installation it is mostly done through the cd live, the os is capable to run from the cd to proper test for the hardware support and driver requirement,for the installation of this os there is requirement of minimum 256 ram.Ubuntu is capable for to boot from usb flash drive.