Thread: which parameters could reflect load situation of cores in multi-core arthitecture?

which parameters could reflect load situation of cores in multi-core arthitecture?

hi,
    the question which i have in my mind is related to the processor getting loaded, and due to load on this processor the performance level get lowered, the way the core gets heated having high temperatures,so please let me know how to improve the performance of the os when it is loaded and at which parameters does it get effected.

re: which parameters could reflect load situation of cores in multi-core arthitecture?

The parameters where load load on the multi cores may be reflected, but according to me the multicores are used to perform various tasks individually as the single core does,the multicores are the integrated circuits where the two core processors are attached,A multi-core processor implements multiprocessing in a single physical package.

re: which parameters could reflect load situation of cores in multi-core arthitecture?

For the better performance of the multi core processor by reducing load on it, by making use of low-power techniques like power gating are applied to the individual cores, which leads to the smooth temperatures, because the heating having the uneven temperatures leads to some of the parts to die and effects the reliability of the processor.

The problem which you have is the similar kind of issue with me, as the machine which i use is mostly used for the gaming purpose, it gets heated up very soon,so please recommend which operating system to use and how to improve my performance, what is the reason for which the imbalance has been created.please some one help me.

Re: which parameters could reflect load situation of cores in multi-core arthitecture?

The problem related to load on the multi core,according to me the processors shares the physical resources within the same physical processor package,so to maximise the performance it is required to understand the relationship between application threads, logical processors, physical processors, and performance. A side effect of resource sharing is that the performance of one logical processor is dependent upon the resources being used by the other logical processor(s) within the same physical processor.

Re: which parameters could reflect load situation of cores in multi-core arthitecture?

The question which you have regarded to load over processor, so i would like to inform you that the imbalanced load is the issue where the systems worklaod is not distributed within all processors in the system.Therefore resource sharing becomes high on the logical processors.

The issue which is regarded to performance effecting due to load over the multiprocessor,therefore the hogh performance load is not the bad thing,as you may be using your machine some limited hours so as it performs well,as you may be having high powered video cards for intense gaming,Generally the CPU temp will start to climb as the computer is continually being utilized.The heat will begin to build up and then eventually cause overheating.