Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 22-09-2010

MKL issue on MAC OS

I have been using a windows PC for last five years and as i have started creating certain programs and application on my system i have purchased a new MacBook installed with Mac by wanted to know why the performance of those applications have decreased so can anyone tell me how can i increase the performance of the application in MacBook with Intel. Please help me to get this issue resolved also tell me what is Intel Math Kernel Library.
Old 22-09-2010

Re: MKL issue on MAC OS

As far as i know i think that Intel has some of most popular NC functions specifically the in-house PC processors optimized and combined in a library. Intel Math Kernel Library (MKL) is PC with Windows and Linux, and Macintosh computers with Intel processors on Mac OSX for. It contains highly optimized form etc.
Old 22-09-2010

Some of the basic features of the MKL (Maths kernel library) are as follows
  • Fast-Fourier-transform functions (FFT), both with simple and double-precision (REAL * 4 or float, and REAL * 8 or double) and for complex data types (COMPLEX)
  • Basic functions of Linear Algebra (BLAS, LAPACK)
  • BLAS for sparsely-occupied matrices (sparse matrices) using PARDISO (Parallel Direct Solver)
Old 22-09-2010

The ia32 compiler invokes the x87 on windows whenever the different is related with the difference -O2 and -Od in ncase of mac it is -O0. I think that you will have to double the precision somewhere or it is also possible to disable some optimizations which are not standard enough. Hope this will be helpful.
Old 24-09-2010

The functions relevant to the multi-threaded "programming applications, and can therefore be used in parallelized programs, too. Some of the routines (especially BLAS and LAPACK) are with those in the Fortran source code in Netlib available for. Compared with these versions offer the optimized MKL but sometimes significant performance advantages.
Old 25-09-2010

A special variant is the use in a Linux cluster available for:

Intel Cluster Math Kernel Library. The MKL is only for Intel's own compiler not available. INTERFACEs interfaces and / or for other, widespread compilers also available.

The MKL is part of the Professional editions of the Intel Compiler C + + and Fortran.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , ,