Thread: Reactivate dynamic disks

Reactivate dynamic disks

I had moved my C drive base which was un-partitioned to a dynamic disk under Windows XP. Unfortunately this is now I cannot use my software Drive Image Pro for backup or restore my system because the dynamic disk is not recognized by msdos. By reading on Google I found that it windows it is possible to go back to restore the dynamic disk to a basic disk. And then reactivating the dynamic disk also. How to fix the same.

Re: Reactivate dynamic disks

From there with FDISK just delete non-DOS partition or DOS partition if you have any. Then simply put the right parameters with the Auto-Detect and recreate one or more partitions cleanly with FDISK. This method solves the problem related to the signature that leaves partition Magic by creating partitions. This signature conflicts with FDISK it impossible to delete the partition.

To return to a dynamic disk to basic, it must make a backup and delete the partition from disk management. The only problem is that you boot on this volume. I think that buttress on the CD or floppy boot XP which can be downloaded form the official site of Windows and then you can delete the same. I had not yet tried the same but hope that this solution will work.

For that I will recommend you first backup your hard drive and then you can work on your dynamic disk. Then right click on My Computer and then choose Manage. After that you can click on the disk and then choose the same to format. You can provide appropriate format for the same and convert the disk.

In terms of performance improvement is not obvious that it will quiet improved. Your disk must not be blank to convert to dynamic disk. Now the drive may no longer recognized in DOS, or by partition magic. Therefore impossible to create or restore a disk image in back. For that you will need a working disk and partition and then the same can be manipulated via disk management.

For this first try to install windows xp on different partition of the hard drive or on the different hard disk. After that launch the DiskManager (diskmgmt.msc). Delete the dynamic disk and then convert a basic disk. Reboot a system disk, run fdisk, create a primary dos partition and activate it. Reboot a system diskette and format the disk. Reboot on a game drive image pro drive and restore the system image.

Dr. V Guest

The term basic disk is the default method for managing disks. It allows the creation of two types of partition: Primary and Scope. The primary partitions are those that are bootable. The OS must imperatively be on this type of partition, otherwise they will not start. An extended partition is unallocated space on the disk. To exploit this space, there must first create one or more player logic. This partition can exceed the limit of four partitions can be created. You can make the same work via disk management.