Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 22-09-2010

Windows Aero Dies when browsing folders on other compute

I am having two computer systems and both of these computers has Windows 7 Ultimate installed on it. One of these machine i am using for Gaming and Movies which has 40" tv attached as a second screen XD and second one is for storage and other uses. Now when i am browse a folder on second pc then i have seen that the Windows Aero on first machine dies. Transparency settings gets disabled and screen starts flashing on browsing it.
Old 22-09-2010

Re: Windows Aero Dies when browsing folders on other compute

I think you are having the same setup as of mine and even i have seen that the same issue on my first computer system. I do not know what is causing this error but i have found the solution for it. Though it is not a proper solution for this particular problem but by some mean it solves this issue. Actually you need to go to the trouble shooter where it will saying you that Windows Desktop Management service is not running. Now you should check about the problem which should not be there anymore.
Old 22-09-2010

Aero Glass Transparency Effect one of the most excellent features of Windows Vista which has been moreover extended to Windows 7. However, the system obligations in order to enable an aero in Windows 7 is greatly superior than the standard user may have. I suggest you to check about the hardware specifications of your first computer system which might not be as per the expectation of an Aero.
Old 22-09-2010
Dr. V

Here you have got the procedure to enable Windows Aero 7 with Registry Hack. Click Start and type regedit in the execution. Go now to the following registry key: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ DWM". In the right pane of details, to create three DWORD (value of 32-bit) input. UseMachineCheck, and set its value to 0. Blur, and set its value to 0. Animations, and set its value at 0. Close Regedit. Click Start and type CMD with administrative privileges. Now, type the following command. Net Stop uxsms, Net Start uxsms. Above command stop and start Desktop Window Manager Session Manager. Now try to Enable Aero by right clicking on desktop-> Customize -> Windows Colors.
Old 22-09-2010

I have seen many people using this registry hack to enable the Windows Aero which also works on Windows 7 install on virtual machine such as Virtual 2007. But i would like to inform you guys that it is not going to work with the VMware Player and the reason for this unsupported behavior is due to DirectX 9 which is not there in it.
Old 24-09-2010

It can be a problem with your graphics card compatibility even if mine is a Via Chrome9 HC IGP WDDM any rotten for games but has been designed specifically for Windows Aero does not work with Windows 7, If you want to know your problem then you should click on "solve problems with transparency and aero effects", it'll take a scan of your drivers and say what s coming! By cons of software exist to enable aero but it is true windows aero.
Old 24-09-2010

On the right-click on the desktop, select Personalize, and click Resolve problems with transparency and other Aero effects. This option is only present in case of problems with Aero. Wizard Troubleshooting Aero opens. By clicking on Advanced, you can check or uncheck Automatically Apply repairs. Click Next. The detection starts. The utility displays its diagnosis. By clicking on Show detailed troubleshooting report appears. Explore other options will open a list of additional information pertaining to the problem.
Old 25-09-2010

Have you looked to see if the performance of your PC are sufficient to handle the aero? Otherwise I guess the W7 unlocked. What graphics card do you have? Is it correctly installed with latest drivers from the manufacturer? Otherwise check that your colors are set at minimum 32bits and your screen refresh rate is higher 10hertz. It also requires that the subject be configured on Windows Vista> Windows Aero and the transparency of windows is activated or it will go simply not
Old 26-09-2010

I had exactly the same problem with me and all my re install (system restoration, update all drivers graphics, etc.) The repair of aero told me that the process used for making mirrors driver repair impossible and leaving my Aero Aero dimmed. All these problems occurred after installing Logmein Pro Setup. After uninstall everything is back to normal.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , , ,