Thread: Burn image .dmg under windows

Burn image .dmg under windows

Hello,
    I have a drive of iMac G5 HS, I have a image .Dmg which is for a Linux distribution. I would like to burn it under Windows, because on the computer of one of my friends I want to install it. The problem is that I do not know how to burn the images .dmg file under Windows, so that you can boot from it on my iMac G5. If you any one has done it before then please let me know. Thank you.

Re: Burn image .dmg under windows

TransMac and CrossFont are the software which you are looking for, the software offers the option Transmac "Write image to CD" that I used once to burn a dmg in the time I did not drive on my mac. I can not confirm it will work with all images, still you can try it

TransMac features:
    Read and write Mac format CDs, DVDs, hard drives, floppy diskettes and high density removable drives MOST.

You can donwload it from the official site.

Nero may be useful to burn .dmg files, but do not know the climb. I remember an engraved mac app on a PC. I know if it was an iso or dmg (If it's an iso, what I just said, have more sense). Though I have not tried this you can install nero and see if the option is available.

I think we can just rename it "Image.dmg" to "Image.iso" to make its disk image is compatible with Windows. (I noted this in a number VVMac (25?), But I can not find the article) I already read it, but I can not confirm. If so, it must be possible to directly burn.

Okay, well I tested all the software that you guys offered me. Transmac image goes well but when I click on the famous option to burn the image, the software does not detect the DVD. Finally, I find another solution. By doing some research I found a way to use an external HD as the install CD. Though this is not the perfect solution, still works good. Till then if you know any more software then please let me know. Thank you for your replies.

I just tested with an image of snow leopard DMG (double layer and bootable) I downloaded (no I am not an evil hacker, but I scratched my dvd original). I tried to simply rename my DMG ISO as suggested by some but it makes an error and I dare not continue burning. On the other hand to avoid conversion to open my ISO image with UltraISO and then I did F7 (Burn Image to CD / DVD burning ...), begins (the image is 6 Gio, so DVD dual layer). Attention in this case it uses at home via Nero NeroAPI. I rebooted with the DVD and boot it well. There must be a simpler solution but this solution has the merit of better walk by.

I forgot the fact that your. Dmg is a Linux distribution, and not a Mac. My recipe was therefore likely to be ineffective. Thank you for having upheld.

A little digging out but may be helpful: UltraISO you download (for me against my license so I do not know if you can use all its functions without a license or not), you go to Tools> convert and then you indicate the location of your test.dmg the destination directory and its format (. iso .bin / .cue, etc. ...). Then you have more than burn your file. iso and check if the image is good you've been using HFSExplorer (which is free).

Interesting even I would say your method UltraISO

After 20 minutes of burning ...
    9 # Failed burning!
    10 # MLA: 2029856
    11 # WRITE ERROR

This was the only dvd in my possession.