Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 Professional PC freezes and then blue screen

Windows 7 Professional PC freezes and then blue screen

I am confused that whether the problem is with the hardware or the software. I am not really able to get the reason for this issue. below is the specification of the system that I am using.
    • CPU : Intel Q6600 quad core
    • Motherboard : Asus P5QL-E
    • RAM : OCZ 2GB x 2 (4GB total)
    • Videocard : PNY 8800GT; stock (no OC)
    • Soundcard: None, using mobo sound
    • CD drive : Lite-On DVD reader/writer
    • Hard disk drives : 1 Hitachi 200GB, 1 Seagate 600 GB
    • Operating System : Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit

My problem is that, whenever I start the system then it runs without any problem for few minutes and after that it freezes randomly with some unknown reason. Once this happens then I get the blue screen and cannot do anything. I forced to restart the system. Once restarted then it occurs in the same manner again. Please provide me some permanent fix for this issue.

Re: Windows 7 Professional PC freezes and then blue screen

Just check if the temperature of the system goes very high? If yes then this is the problem of overheating and to keep the system away from any further hardware damage from this, it is showing you that effect. So, if you found that the temperature of the system goes very high as expected then this is surely due to overheating. To get this problem solved, you will require to make use of some cooling system. There are many available in the market, you can pick whichever you want and then the temperature of your system will come down to the normal temperature and the problem will also be solved.

I would like to tell you that the nVidia 8800 is well known for the poor solder joints. Dont think that I am telling this is the reason for this problem but there are many of the people who are having similar problem withe their. So it is worth to check for this possibility as well.

The same thing happens to me as well. I have the original Windows Professional installed on a acer 5920g (2.0 ghz dual core, 2 gigs of ram and a nvidia 8600GT). Occasionally, the PC freezes and the system uses goes to very high as I can see red light from the system. I formatted the PC but that has changed nothing. This also happens while I see a any videos. if the video is on a DVD or an external hard drive, its not getting blocked, if the video is on the system's hard drive then Windows locks the PC using the entire hard disk, it also blocks the play of the film.

This can also be problem with the corrupted or outdated drivers. So what you can do is, just install all the updated drivers in your computer and that will solve the problem for you.

Are you making use of more than one antivirus in your computer? If yes that this is the problem of this issue. I would like to tell you that they both interrupt the processing of each other and as a result of that the CPU uses goes very high and finally the system get freezed. If you have more than one anivirus installed in your system then this is the only reason for this. So go into the safe mode and from there just uninstall any of them and then restart the system

The errors show a blue screen are generally the operating system or the incompatibility of the hardware. What you can do is, just reinstall the operating system on your computer and when you are done with that then see if it shows you the same issue again. This this is due to the corrupted operating system then you will not get that problem again. But if this is the same issue again after the reinstallation then my suggestion t you is to switch back to the Windows XP. this is the only thing that I can suggest you. I know that its not the expected answer but this is what comes in my mind after reading your post.

If you are good in handling the hardwares then what you can do is, just remove the video card's fan from the PC and then take out the thermal paste and apply any good stuff for making the temperature a bit low and check if this is helpful to you or not.

Go into safe mode and disable (from device manager) any device you have updated / installed those drivers and try to see if it keeps coming. Be sure to install the drivers from the installation CDs that come with the pc. If you do not have those CDs download them from the official website of the manufacturer. If they are integrated into the manufacturer's plate on the base plate. Needless to say, you make sure you also download the appropriate driver to the version of Windows or OS that you use or you go to install / upgrade.

Are you getting some Error code when you get the Blue Screen on your computer? If yes then, please post that over here so that it will be helpful for us to get the solution.

Thank you so much to all for your such a quick replies on this. I am not getting any error message either on the blue screen or from any popup when it is freezed. This sound weird but this is what happening with me right now. Please tell me that what should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by DaAusPicious View Post
    Thank you so much to all for your such a quick replies on this. I am not getting any error message either on the blue screen or from any popup when it is freezed. This sound weird but this is what happening with me right now. Please tell me that what should I do?
    This is surely the additional devices. Just disconnect all the hardware from your computer and then try to boot the system and see if you are getting this issue again. This does not happen then connect each devices one by one and rebooting the system. If the blue screen comes with at the ant point then the problem is with the lastly connected device.

bingomaxxbuzz Guest

The same thing happens to me as well. I have the original Windows Professional installed on a acer 5920g (2.0 ghz dual core, 2 gigs of ram and a nvidia 8600GT). Occasionally, the PC freezes and the system uses goes to very high as I can see red light from the system. I formatted the PC but nothing has changed nothing. This sound weird but this is what happening with me right now. Please tell me that what should I do?

Hi,

My PC:Window Vista Home Premium

Manufacturer: HP
    Model: m8200n
    Processor: AMD Ath(tm) 64x2Core Processor 6000+3.00Ghz
    Memory (ram): 3.00GB
    System type: 32 bit operating Syst.

My problem is if my computer is open and not been used for 10 minutes the screen goes black and i cant bring it back on i have to restart it and when i resatart it it could take 5 or 6 time before i get the image back on.
    Tanks for you're help
    Gilles

girobillard,

Can you try to disable the screensaver and also try to download the latest graphics driver available for your pc? Windows Vista is known to have display driver issues which affects the computer. It most likely looks to me a video chip or possibly corrupted driver issue, so try to install the drivers again and see if it works.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast