Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Triple boot installation - stuck at Windows installation

Operating Systems

Old 20-09-2010

question Triple boot installation - stuck at Windows installation

I am trying to follow the following guide to do a triple boot, but I am stuck in Windows 7 installation
triple boot snow leopard, windows 7, & ubuntu

I have done the following:
1. Did a clean installation of OS X Snow Leopard on hard drive (Not yet partitioned the hard drive)

2. Installed rEFIt
I am not sure what the poster means by making sure it works by pressing the option button. I am assuming it means that I will be able to see the options I can choose when I press option? (I do see options to pick either "Hard Drive" or whatever disc in the DVD)

3. Partitioned 30 GB (or was it 40 GB? x.x I forgot sorry) space in Boot Camp Assistant for Windows installation. Chose the option to install Windows later.

4. Inserted OS X Snow Leopard installation disc and boot from there.

5. Opened up the Disk Utility and partitioned a hard drive (called Hard Drive_2) via the Partition section as instructed by the guide. Formatted in MAc OS Extended (Journaled)

So now, in that area I see "Hard Drive", "Hard Drive_2" and "BOOT CAMP" (so I am assuming that is what the poster meant by "3 partitions".

6. Restarted the computer with Windows installation disc.

Problems occur right here:
Problem 1: I do not see anything called "C something" as the poster said. But I do see something called "Boot Camp"

Problem 2: All the partitions that are available says that "Windows 7 can't be installed". So my question is am I supposed to "delete" a specific partition to install it?

I have pictures of the screen which I will upload later if this isn't clear enough.

Please advise.

Thank you very much.

Old 20-09-2010

Re: Triple boot installation - stuck at Windows installation

You can refer here for more suggestions given on triple booting - How To Triple Boot MAC OS X, Windows 7 and Ubuntu 8.10 Linux
Old 23-09-2010

Re: Triple boot installation - stuck at Windows installation

Got it to work now. Thank you!

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,