Thread: Using Linux in another computer

Using Linux in another computer

I have a computer system I want to make my system in such a way that I can use two different operating system with my one computer system. I want to use the Linux Operating system with my Window XP, but the problem occurs after the installation of the Linux Operating System on my system and my Linux Operating system get destroyed. Do anyone have some idea how I should recover my Linux system any help with this issue will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Using Linux in another computer

Hi,
    The same problem I have faced, and the same thing I have done as you have done with your system. And I have also separated the same operating system Linux and Window XP on my System for my official use. I have gone through the same trouble with my Linux operating system I have reinstall the Linux on my system three times but the same occur again then, at last I called the technical engineer for the repairing and I got my system working good as it was earlier.

Hi, I think it is not a big issue which you have. Sometime the Linux system just reconfigures with the itself on the new system. It might be the problem that the system must be at in free at that time so this must be the reason you are facing the problem on your computer system. You must install the Linux Operating system again in your system and tried it out.

Hi, there must be the problem in your Linux operating system. Is your Booting drive worked properly or it is corrupted. The first thing is to check your booting drive is working properly on the other system or not, if it works then reinstall the Linux operating system on your system properly by reading the information during the Boot.

I have a computer system . I want to use the Linux Operating system with my Window XP, but after the installation of the Linux Operating System on my system and my Linux Operating system get destroyed. Do anyone have some idea how I should recover my Linux system any help with this issue will be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by arrie25 View Post
    I have a computer system . I want to use the Linux Operating system with my Window XP, but after the installation of the Linux Operating System on my system and my Linux Operating system get destroyed. Do anyone have some idea how I should recover my Linux system any help with this issue will be appreciated.
    Do not make any changes to hard disk. I think your partition got deleted and may be got formatted 1 or 2%. Download a Free and Opensource software called TestDisk. It is a powerful free data recovery software! It was primarily designed to help recover lost partitions and/or make non-booting disks bootable again when these symptoms are caused by faulty software, certain types of viruses or human error (such as accidentally deleting a Partition Table). Partition table recovery using TestDisk is really easy.

It sometime happen due to no point in crippling a system which is free, mainly the system have a this problem at the time of the installation a new operating system with the existing one. During the installation of the new Operating system the window configure with each other automatically for the internal purpose.

Dr. V Guest

Hi, I think you have to replace the Hard disk with the new one for the reinstallation of both the Operating System. Before doing the installation of new operating system check whether the booting drive you are using is proper or not, you can check it out with pacing it on the another system if you have.