Thread: Keyboard shortcut for "Home" on a Mac with no "Home" button

Keyboard shortcut for "Home" on a Mac with no "Home" button

Immediately similar to the title says. What keyboard short cut determine to take me to my "Home" Page on a Mac if the keyboard has no "Home' button on it similar to my Mac Book Pro. On my Mac keyboard, if I am on FF and hit alternative + Home, the browser goes to my home page. The point is I encompass no home button. Shall I purchase an innovative Mac laptop and you determine to not have a Home button moreover. There is no End button in addition. There must be an substitute keyboard short cut to go to the Home page. There is in Opera and Safari.

Re: Keyboard shortcut for "Home" on a Mac with no "Home" button

Not certain of your query. I have encompassed a "Home" button on my Mac keyboard; on the other hand, that button takes you to the pinnacle of a page in the open window you might encompass scrolled down on, not your home page. You be able to put a "Home" button on the navigation toolbar using View -> Toolbars -> Customize on the menu bar. Additional than that I am ignorant of several keyboard shortcut.

On a Mac by means of a Home button on the keyboard you are able to press Option + Home and you determine to go to your Home page. On numerous Mac at present there is no Home button to any further extent. None of the innovative Mac Laptops encompass them. So what Keyboard shortcut determine to get you to the Home page. Command + Home would bring you to the pinnacle of a page if there is a Home button and on the keyboards by means of no Home button you utilize command + Up Arrow as an alternative. There must be a replacement for Home Page to.

Try by means of the System preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Keyboard Shortcuts Tab Scroll downward to submission Keyboard shortcuts and choose the entire Applications. Hit the "+" to add one. In the window that pops up select FF then type "Home" which is beneath the FF History menu and then add your shortcut. I have encompassed and not tried this except sounds similar to it be supposed to work.

I tried it and additional add the keyboard shortcut to the History Menu. Regrettably when I tried to utilize the shortcut, the History Menu flashed blue additional than nothing occurred. I encompass noticed in the past that a number of submission keyboard shortcuts that are built into submission do not work. Encompass no idea why. My Mac has a button which is together a left arrow and a home button. If I desire to utilize the Home function, I encompass to hold down the fn key. I immediately tried that by means of Option-fn-home, and it took me to my home page in Firefox.

This might resonance silly, other than I actually miss this characteristic (general to the entire PCs, additional than not to Macs). I would similar to accomplish these tasks in my OS.X (10.3.x) Mac Mini. When in a browser or in a perpendicular scrolling window. Pressing <Home> on the keyboard goes to the pinnacle of the page, and pressing <End> goes to the substructure. When in a document, or typing text, pressing <Home> goes to the commencement of the line and <End> goes to the end of that line. This keyboard "characteristic" is missing from the entire my macs from OS X (10.1) from side to side the present version. Are there any hacks, work around, or software patches that determine to permit me to "emulate" PC keyboard commands (such as Home/End).

In this you have to make use of the upper and down arrows and side to side. Is that what you are giving the impression of being for when typing text Try it you determine to observe, too much to elucidate how for a beginner similar to me. I utilize those a lot. iNap - I be able to utilize the <- and -> arrow keys, other than I would have to hit them frequently or press a <Option/Apple> key combo by means of them, to jump extra characters. I would similar to go the entire the method to the beginning of the line, or the end of the line by means of one key push if probable (it’s possible on the entire DOS based PCs, additional than I have not yet found several in view of the fact that my Mac conversion!